Cuse Postgame

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
No way to be sure, but some of it might have been about cuse #0 jumping across the line onto HK as he was obviously downing the ball at the end. Key was asked about that and basically said he was trying to keep things from getting out of control by running in for a TD, just letting #0 being an idiot go vs having a brawl to end the game.

I think Key likes Babers and maybe they discussed mutual gratitude about how the game ended relatively peacefully.
It was a pretty chippy game - the blocking into the stands incident, our guy spitting etc. Good it didn’t get worse.

Im's till curious if lockett actually spit on another player or maybe just spit and it hit the player (its a penalty either way but it's such a weird one im willing to air on the side of an unfortunate accident.)

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I joined this site years ago but took a leave of absence when I joined a paid site for a few years. I have heard Collins called a lot of names in other places but am curious what TFG means?

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about everyone else, but leaving BDS last night after waiting for the crowd to thin, there was a "stepping out of a dark tunnel, into the light" feeling it seemed.

I'm glad I waited around. There was a lot of smiles and hugs going around with players, coaches, staff, and fans.
Same here. But then I got on the Buford-Spring connector headed home, and spent over an hour in a traffic pileup due to a major accident. The only light I was seeing at that point was brake lights…a loooooong stream of them.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Holy ****. I’ve been trying not to respond but this is so asinine. Do you remember who we started the season with? Either you’re trolling or a moron. I’m seriously hoping it’s the former. Either way…you’re super close to being put on ignore.

If you haven’t seen improvement I don’t know what to tell you. Trying to understand your expectations. What were they?
I know who we started the season with and who we ended it with. We went 5-7 last year. We went 4-4 down the stretch, looked like we had a pulse against UGA, and probably would have done even better if we were luckier with injuries. We hired a coach partially because of those results. Why is it such a stretch to expect further improvement on top of that? Are you going to be happy again next year if we go 6-6? What are your expectations? It feels like many here have no expectations other than do better than Collins.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I know who we started the season with and who we ended it with. We went 5-7 last year. We went 4-4 down the stretch, looked like we had a pulse against UGA, and probably would have done even better if we were luckier with injuries. We hired a coach partially because of those results. Why is it such a stretch to expect further improvement on top of that? Are you going to be happy again next year if we go 6-6? What are your expectations? It feels like many here have no expectations other than do better than Collins.
8-4

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Simple. Look at our roster. Who would you say an opponent needs to game plan against on our defense? The correct answer is no one. The lack of playmakers on defense is at all three levels but compounded by really bad DL and LB. The DBs are just average players.

Going into the year there was no proven QB, no proven WRs, a questionable OL and a very thin RB group.

The special teams were a mess.

We were bottom 10 on offense Division 1 last year. We were bottom 25 in scoring defense last year.

6-6 is a significant improvement considering how bad the defense is. Until that improves significantly 6 wins is about the ceiling. Defense will only improve with more better players.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I understood targeting but this is the third time I’ve been fooled.
I looked it up. They said there was no “indicator”, but leading with the helmet is one. Here’s the text:
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
I’m not sure how that wasn’t leading with the helmet to attack with forcible contact to the head.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
“It feels like many here have no expectations other than do better than Collins.”

OK, so that’s what you are feeling.

I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts that 99% of the people on this site want to average better than 6 wins a season. Prove me wrong. And don’t go by repeating again why this season was so disappointing to you. We get that you had unrealistically high expectations. But I think pretty much everyone has told you that we were excited about this win, not because it is the finished product, but because it is ONE step toward getting to where we want to be.

Before the season started I predicted 7 wins. And even that felt wildly optimistic given the players we had lost and that it was the first year of a new coach.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have a slight disagreement. The wide receiver screen does not work if it’s the only weapon in your quiver like Syracuse. But Miami has used it effectively this year in virtually every game and, for us, it has mainly worked at keeping the defense honest and spreading the field.

I too get nervous about a loss, fumble, or interception when we run it but I think it becomes more and more effective if other parts of the game are working. CPJ used this play very effectively when BeyBey was our wideout. But, mainly, WHEN you run it is key. Syracuse telegraphed this play every time and our defense was just sitting on it.
It works with Miami because of all that speed and they run it fast. That very first block has to held or its lights out for the receiver. Maybe our defense was sitting on it because they practice against it so much in practice?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Yup. QBs throw to where the receivers are going/suppose to be. Sometimes on option routes they are not in sync. Now even if #13 ran the go route a safety was there so not a good throw.

Actually King threw to the wrong receiver. Because the safety came over to help coverage on Singleton the receiver (maybe Blaylock) just inside of Singleton around the hash marks was wide open deep (should have been the safetys man).

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Why is it such a stretch to expect further improvement on top of that? Are you going to be happy again next year if we go 6-6? What are your expectations? It feels like many here have no expectations other than do better than Collins.
This series of comms feels like....

well done good job GIF by Return-It Gang