Cuse Postgame

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That first TD by Jamal Haynes was one of the most impressive plays I’ve seen from a RB in a while.
I hate when running backs give ground thinking they can outflank a group of tacklers, but, when Haynes made his cut after retreating, that was the fastest acceleration I think I’ve ever seen from a running back. The entire defense looked like a bunch of statues as he ran by them.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I hate when running backs give ground thinking they can outflank a group of tacklers, but, when Haynes made his cut after retreating, that was the fastest acceleration I think I’ve ever seen from a running back. The entire defense looked like a bunch of statues as he ran by them.
I’m not saying that Jamal is as good as Barry Sanders was BUT that TD was very much Barry Sanders-like.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I know who we started the season with and who we ended it with. We went 5-7 last year. We went 4-4 down the stretch, looked like we had a pulse against UGA, and probably would have done even better if we were luckier with injuries. We hired a coach partially because of those results. Why is it such a stretch to expect further improvement on top of that? Are you going to be happy again next year if we go 6-6? What are your expectations? It feels like many here have no expectations other than do better than Collins.
We are a .500 team under Key and that’s pretty good compared to where we were and our offense improved tremendously this year.
No
8-4 and see improvement in the D. I may be happy with 7-5 depending on our opponent’s.

Do you expect to be beating teams like Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and UGA?
There’s 3-5 teams on our schedule that could/should beat us next year. If you don’t understand that you need to pick another team or just move on with your life.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I looked it up. They said there was no “indicator”, but leading with the helmet is one. Here’s the text:
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
I’m not sure how that wasn’t leading with the helmet to attack with forcible contact to the head.
Yes. Either the rule needs to be rewritten or it needs to be enforced as written. As it is, sometimes it's a foul with no targeting, sometimes you get tossed, and sometimes you get nothing.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Haynes is the quickest accelerating RB we may have ever had. At least of those I still remember.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Had a super busy weekend but what an amazing game. Impressed with our boys fought and came up with big plays when they absolutely needed to. Efford had a great game, offense did just enough at the end to seal the game.

Nitpicks....offense sputtered again. Weird how that has been consistent for us this season. Defense did enough but was a bit frustrating at times. Singleton has been off and I'm not sure what the deal is. That pick by Haynes King seemed to be miscommunication by Singleton and him.

Overall though, a great time. Sat in section 121 right next to the student section. Got loud and rowdy. My wife finally experienced a night game and a win, and my baby girl was amazing and loved every bit of it for a 10 month old. She also slept through the Young Gravy concert and she was front row at the rail lmao

Great weekend and great win. THWg

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
We are a .500 team under Key and that’s pretty good compared to where we were and our offense improved tremendously this year.
No
8-4 and see improvement in the D. I may be happy with 7-5 depending on our opponent’s.

Do you expect to be beating teams like Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and UGA?
There’s 3-5 teams on our schedule that could/should beat us next year. If you don’t understand that you need to pick another team or just move on with your life.
If we have already mailed it in against 4 teams we play regularly then maybe I will pick another team. Im not saying we should beat all of those teams all of the time but getting wins against them every once in a while shouldn't be impossible. Clemson lost to Duke, Miami, and NC St. FSU was taken to the wire by Miami and BC. Are those teams way better than us? No. We should be able to get our shots in against those guys as well. UGA is the only team on our schedule that we need to come back down to earth a little. 7-5 wouldnt be a disaster but it would be pretty mediocre. If we have great talent and a great coaching staff like many proclaim then its time to start seeing results.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Very happy with this weekend. I think we have hit a good number. I still think 4 was our floor this year so winning 6 is good, and 8 wins was possible. THe future looks bright.
I vacillate between 6 and 7 was our best. I'm tempted to say 8, thinking we should have won the L'ville and BGSU games, but then we should not have been given the chance at the end of the Miami game. So, 7 was very reachable (still may be). Definitely did not win and lose the games I thought we would, though. Very Jekyll and Hyde this year was, mmm?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is my general reaction but since this was reviewed at the big muckety-muck ACC command and control center and they said it was helmet to helmet contact in the dangerous head and neck area but they saw no evidence of targeting, I’m willing to give them one more fking chance to explain this to me like I’m a 3rd grader.

I’ll be happy to get into the nuances of targeting with anyone but I just want an official explanation THAT MAKES SENSE as to why that was not targeting.
The correct interpretation should be apparent to all. Georgia Tech is not now, and never will be, accepted as royalty by the Tobacco Road Mafia and this is reflected in any event that involves ACC officialdom all the way down to the wage slaves officiating games hoping for crumbs from the tables of their betters.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
😂 So some people’s method for lowering blood pressure is to intentionally try and raise other’s. NOW I understand what trolling means after all these years. 😄
Would you prefer that they hold it all in? Every dropped pass, every fumble, every penalty, every blown call by an official until they run screaming into the night out of the stadium and perhaps, go "postal" in a frenzy of Tech frustration?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It wasn’t that great a speech. It was mainly that he was overcome with emotion. This guy absolutely bleeds old gold and white.
There is a lot to be said for that and as Haynes noted a couple of weeks ago, paraphrasing here, "This is a Tech man!" Of course, the same could have been said, albeit in a different color combination for any number of coaches that heeded the call from their alma maters. Red and White for Scott Frost, Crimson and White for Ray Perkins, Orange and White for Johnny Majors, Blue and White for Max McGhee. All of whom came to grief at their schools where most of them not only played but were stars. Scott Frost won a national championship, Ray Perkins was an All SEC and All American, Johnny Majors won a Heisman at Tennessee and Max McGhee was an All ACC tackle at Duke. It can be a heart wrenching, rough business.