Cuse Game Thread

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone please go to the Tit and sacrifice a goat to the rims. Been following Tech basketball since 1962 and this is the worst shooting team ever.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
* Chris Bolden is the all-time leading three-point shooter in Gwinnett County history (209 made)
* Quinton Stephens shot 46% from behind the arc in high school
* Robert Sampson shot 38% from behind the arc in HS and shot nearly 45% (.444) from behind the arc in the 2011-2012 season, sinking 24-of-54 attempts

It makes no sense this team should be the worst 3 point shooting team in the country.

The players above are by no means shooting amazing, but looking at it closer, there are really 2 players dragging our percentages way down. Potentially shocking, Marcus is one of them. Completely unshocking, Tadric is the other. I'm confident Marcus can pull his shooting percentage up, however BG needs to tell Tadric he's not allowed to shoot. I love his athleticism he brings, but he can barely hit the rim and has one of the wackiest shooting forms I've ever seen.

* Marcus shot 34% (.337) from behind the arc his first two years and is shooting 19% this season
* Tadric is shooting an atrocious 11% (5-46)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day i see it like this. With what we have now, with what we know we have coking next year, say we dont get JB (likely btw) legit expectations NIT next year maybe, lose MGH, Chuck, Jacobs and Bolden. If we land all the big 3, in BRob Gilbert and Lewis we wont make the NCAAT their frosh year, more likely sophomore year. We are looking at year 7 of CBG before we have a legit Shot at tourney. Thats only if he can actually be a bride instead of a bridesmaid in recruiting.........and use them properly, and keep them for more than 18 months.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day i see it like this. With what we have now, with what we know we have coking next year, say we dont get JB (likely btw) legit expectations NIT next year maybe, lose MGH, Chuck, Jacobs and Bolden. If we land all the big 3, in BRob Gilbert and Lewis we wont make the NCAAT their frosh year, more likely sophomore year. We are looking at year 7 of CBG before we have a legit Shot at tourney. Thats only if he can actually be a bride instead of a bridesmaid in recruiting.........and use them properly, and keep them for more than 18 months.

Can't argue with any of that. I just want to wait for the season to play out before deciding whether BG needs to go or not

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That's depressing.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Watching BGs offense is EXCRUCIATINGLY difficult esp vs a zone.Pleeeeeze-- how slow can we pass the ball? I've seen teams that night on tv pass TWICE as fast as we do.Fast passes kill zones.We couldn't even set up a solid corner 3 shot on ball reversal vs their 1-2-2 nor really get it to middle even though that is the VERY soft spot.Pitiful!Then at end we have a foul to give and DON'T.also,BG knows we move slow but overwaits to end of clock for desperate shot.Pitiful!
Games like this will take BG out.When you have a good chance to win and don't--it is coaches fault-either bad recruiting and/or coaching--it is still an L