Cuse Game Thread

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
hahah at the cuse board.... I am starting to like those guys. Our team is horribly coached. I wanted Gregory to be successful here, but I think its time for a change.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He has to finish the season. But he has to go.

If he was to be removed now, you can't even imagine the depths of bad we would reach. We simply don't have the players to take a hit like that. Gotta grit and bare it the rest of the way gents.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We collected almost half our missed shots. The good news is that we are a good offensive rebounding team. The bad news is we get a lot of chances.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have said this before - just two days ago, in fact - why would any one play us man-to-man. We have no idea how to attack a zone.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another disappointing close loss. Have to win these to move forward as a program.

The scary part is that this program is considerably better than it was 4 years ago, but is still where we are now.

I hoped after 4 years Gregory would have us as a solid middle of the pack ACC program (that to me was his likely ceiling), looking we might fall slightly short of that, but i'll wait until we are much deeper in the season to lose hope completely.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This game felt like the basketball version of the VT-Wake game. Just 2 teams that are both fairly inept offensively.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hope everyone is at least able to get a laugh out of these...

Syracusefan.com: Missed the game and saw the score!

someone please enlighten what I missed other than every jump shot in this game? 46-45!!! LOL

You missed the best defensive battle in the history of the game of basketball.

They haven't played the second half yet. I'm just going to keep convincing myself of this.

Count it as a blessing bro. Best game to miss in quite some time

I will be in therapy for months after this game. I'm wagging my fingers in front of my eyes even as I type! You lucky s.o.b.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Otto's Grove: The Syracuse/Georgia Tech Game had a Great Personality, Though

Syracuse came up just short in match play against Georgia Tech–wait, this wasn’t golf? You mean Syracuse actually won that crapfest? Hey, alright! It wasn’t pretty, but the Orange went on the road and came away with a brutal 46-45 “win” over the Ramblin’ Wreck, and “wreck” has perhaps never described a basketball game better than tonight.

Here are some highlights from tonight’s game:

If you’re looking for a reason as to why Syracuse was able to escape with the win, it’s because the Orange were slightly less incompetent on offense than Georgia Tech. That’s literally the difference. It was kind of amazing to watch Georgia Tech continually milk the shot clock only to throw up an airball as the seconds started ticking away. There were plenty of offensive rebounds on both sides (19 for Georgia Tech, 11 for Syracuse) but second chance points were decidedly not a factor.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Is BG coaching Tadric in practice? For that matter, besides Miller, have any players actually improved under Gregory? MGH, Bolden, Q, etc sure haven't. I thought Morris and the Poole's had potential, etc. That is as frustrating as any of this. What good are four year players if they never get coached up?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Another disappointing close loss. Have to win these to move forward as a program.

The scary part is that this program is considerably better than it was 4 years ago, but is still where we are now.

I hoped after 4 years Gregory would have us as a solid middle of the pack ACC program (that to me was his likely ceiling), looking we might fall slightly short of that, but i'll wait until we are much deeper in the season to lose hope completely.

You are a much more patient fan than I. I will admit I simply can't watch this anymore. I only watched about 5 minutes of tonight's game total, because it just hurt so bad to sit there and watch this mess.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Audio didn't work for me, but guessing some may enjoy this.

I'm not going to bother stating whether BG should stay or go. As always, his record will be his Judge Judy & Executioner.

Went out to watch with some friends, so missed chat. Guessing I don't want to go back and read the comments.

1st, a few positives... Travis had another building block and continues to look better out there. Believe it or not, Chris Bolden played some very good defense on Cooney tonight. Charles Mitchell is becoming a helluva player for us and generally executing well in his role. Free throws have been on the upswing. Effort is there night in - night out.

Several negatives... Our shooting. It's just negative. Previously, I thought at least we were facilitating open looks, now I wonder if we're so shook, we're just botching it. Multiple airballs & missing the rim = no bueno. Also, any number of making some of those missed layups tonight and we win. Literally.

We cannot run clock. We cannot hold for the last shot. We play fine defense and are great rebounders. Shots need to go up with 6-8 seconds on the shot clock regardless and just get back on D if you don't pull down the OReb.

We played tough tonight, but fell atrociously flat on offense. Yet another Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday games.

Quite honestly, knowing Cuse was down this year & how they've played early in the season, I counted this as a likely win. Excuse my crudeness, but this game turned out to be a blue ball masterpiece.

On to the next one against a Wake team that's given Louisville & dook similar runs for their money early in ACC play.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I'm just as frustrated as anyone else, but am I upset? No. In our first ACC game, we took a top 10 team to double OT on the road. Tonight, we lost by 1 to one of the best programs in the country. Even in a down year, they're almost a lock to be an NIT team, and could still be a tourney team. On paper, given our struggles against the zone, and going up against a team known for their amazing zone defense year in and year out, this game should have been a train wreck, and yet we lost by one, and once again had a chance to win it at the end of the game. There's a long ACC season ahead, and any team can win on any given night. We still have the potential to make a lot of progress this season. I think it goes without saying Wake is a must win this weekend

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I'm still trying to figure out how we can shoot so poorly. Don't get me wrong, 90% of our offensive ineptitude is Gregory's fault, but when we finally get an open shot, we miss it. Make just one of those tonight and against ND and we are likely 2-0 in the ACC right now.

I still don't believe we are the worst 3 point shooting team in the country. I just don't believe it.