Current Environment

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Instead, the GTAA ignores the barriers (lack of tailgate space, bad parking, terrible stadium experience, etc.) thinking that 'real fans' don't need those things. Of course, they are enabled by people who wear their attendance-suffering like merit badges to try to shame people into showing up.

Just a few thoughts pop into my mind reading this. First, if we look at Auburn (which is not the best, but it's pretty good) ... many fans show up just for the tailgating and never even enter the stadium. It's organized well, it's welcomed and it provides for the whole game day experience.

Tech lacks a greenspace next to the stadium. The best game day experience I have ever encountered is The Grove at Ole Miss. I've long advocated that the Peters Park parking garage should be relocated and that space be reconfigured as a greenspace similar to the Grove. In fact, it would be ideal. Upgrade all the food options and drink options and you'd have a very different experience.

I have friends who attend ATL UTD games and never even remember the game. They go just because the experience is so much fun. (And they get drunk while doing it.)