CPJ's O ripped CGC's DBs at Miss State

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh wow, now the same stuff we hear in every single thread has its own thread. I know we're not supposed to dox people, but I caught a short video of the usual suspects on this board.

giphy.gif

God forbid people get excited about Tech football. People were excited about the last regime change, and I was one of them. Change is a part of life people, you're not blowing anyone away with "We haven't played a game yet", "its still early", "we only have 1, 4 star player" EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. Seriously some folks on this board need to get a life and let people be happy, it hurts no one and only helps our program. If, in the end, CGC is a disaster and you were right, who cares? Would you rather be right or have Tech be a winner? I suspect some on this board would enjoy the former unfortunately.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
When you live on the margin talentwise and then you have a lot of bad luck wrt the talent you were really counting on (injuries, dismissals, transfers).... it's real hard to be good.

That said, the OP's point is still true.

The OP had no point. It was one game, Collins wasn't even there, and Collins' defense at Tech will never matchup against CPJ's offense aside from when we play KSU in a couple of years. It was irrelevant and clearly a troll.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
Oh wow, now the same stuff we hear in every single thread has its own thread. I know we're not supposed to dox people, but I caught a short video of the usual suspects on this board.

giphy.gif

God forbid people get excited about Tech football. People were excited about the last regime change, and I was one of them. Change is a part of life people, you're not blowing anyone away with "We haven't played a game yet", "its still early", "we only have 1, 4 star player" EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. Seriously some folks on this board need to get a life and let people be happy, it hurts no one and only helps our program. If, in the end, CGC is a disaster and you were right, who cares? Would you rather be right or have Tech be a winner? I suspect some on this board would enjoy the former unfortunately.
The irony of you post is pretty sad.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
When you live on the margin talentwise and then you have a lot of bad luck wrt the talent you were really counting on (injuries, dismissals, transfers).... it's real hard to be good.

That said, the OP's point is still true.

It wasn't bad luck. It was a lack of adaptation to a changing game.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m really not sure why anyone’s arguing about 2014. CGC got out of town at a very opportune time. NOBODY was going to stop GT’s offense at the end of the season, not Bammer, not the mutt, not Clemp. NOBODY.

If you wanted to beat us at the end of the season you had to outscore us. That was the only way because you really were not going to stop our offense. CGC would not have altered the outcome of that game, nor would anyone else except maybe that bastard in New England nearly everyone despises.

And it has nothing to do with whether or not CGC is a great hire for GT. Lastly, why would we hope CGC is not a great hire? Does CGC floundering give some a sort of validation ala CPJ floundering many years provided validation for those that wanted someone else? Does any of this make GT a better place to play football?

AlaGTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m really not sure why anyone’s arguing about 2014. CGC got out of town at a very opportune time. NOBODY was going to stop GT’s offense at the end of the season...

You may be right.

CPJ & JT had that thing running on all cylinders and it was something to behold. And wasn't Shaq Mason on that team, too?

But therein also lies the problem, too. It became pretty apparent that GT was not going to be able to field a team like that on a consistent basis.

Now back to the JUICE!