CPJ's O ripped CGC's DBs at Miss State

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
the funny thing is CGC left before this game. And Jesse calls it out in the broadcast. Calm down, yall haha. i just wanted to spark a conversation.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Odd post, seems like it could have been framed a bit better to "spark a conversation." The OP just comes off as trolling. To turn it into some kind of discussion, I don't think there's a lot we can deduce from any team that went up against the best offense in program history (and CPJ's career). Hell, it broke NCAA records. Mind you, that MSU defense was ranked #20 in FEI that year and #1 in S&P. They were genuinely great and that was CGC's doing. I think it's fair to give credit to CGC for coaching up a phenomenal defense and credit to CPJ for coaching up and coordinating an even better offense. That's more a testament to the 2014 GT offense than anything. Both coaches have histories of putting up great numbers at every landing spot on their side of the ball. We shouldn't temper expectations when CGC has proven he can coach defense effectively at multiple stops.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Silly and lazy analysis to use a single game from 5 years ago (that Collins wasn't even present for) to try and make a point. I probably shouldn't even respond, but it's a Monday and I'm annoyed. How do you think that MS St. defense would have handled CPJ's offense last year? Because a 3-6 Big 10 team shut it down. But, see, that's why it's silly to judge a whole body of work on one random game.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see Army play Georgia Tech this year. Hopefully it would happen if CGC can get our team to 7 wins—or maybe 6–this year.

Just a fun speculation on my part here, guys. Don’t get mad at me! LOL