CPJ Talks Duke after practice today...Worth a listen

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
If Vad gets a degree from JMU, he can transfer and play immediately.

No degree, then has to sit out a year.

As per the NCAA that is true, but wouldn't the 2 year ACC rule come in to effect? He could go to a SEC school that offers a grad program JMU does not and play immediately but not Duke.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
As per the NCAA that is true, but wouldn't the 2 year ACC rule come in to effect? He could go to a SEC school that offers a grad program JMU does not and play immediately but not Duke.

Sorry to derail the thread guys...but no.

Look at the Whitehead situation with us. Had he earned a degree from GMC, he could have played with us this season even though he originally played at NC State.

Now, back on topic...I hope our team of "lesser" recruits hangs 100 points on Duke tomorrow.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I thought in the end Whitehead could not play because he came up a few credits short on completing his degree from GMC??? It was anticipated he would finish and be eligible to play.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Are you asking for Whitehead? His case is different than Vad's.
I asking about the general rule, not a specific case. Maybe what I thinking of is if you apply for a grad program at your current school but get rejected, you are eligible somewhere else?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I asking about the general rule, not a specific case. Maybe what I thinking of is if you apply for a grad program at your current school but get rejected, you are eligible somewhere else?

I think that if you complete a degree you can go to any school and be immediately eligible in the NCAA's eyes. It's viewed as a reward for finishing school.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sure am glad bout Brewer being at VT ;):ROFLMAO:

I really hope we beat Duke like a rented mule tomorrow. I've never cared this much about a Duke game except for a couple year's ago when we had to win to be bowl eligible....... wait, we win tomorrow and we are ...........
Bowl Eligible!!! Remember, a fair percentage of this very community was predicting otherwise for 2014. No small achievement.