CPJ Talks Duke after practice today...Worth a listen

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I forgot we burned Merriweather's redshirt on the first game.

With all the depth we have coming back on D-line next year, is there a chance we redshirt some of our freshmen that are playing now, or is that not the norm after a guy has played his true freshmen year?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Talked about Duke has only put 1 offensive player in the NFL in his 6 years ther (get drafted),.said he needs to worry about his own problems instead of trying to help us with ours. We've done pretty good against him.

Asked how many WRs has he put into the league? Then he said I can answer it. None. So yeah he probably needs to mind his own business.

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I forgot we burned Merriweather's redshirt on the first game.

With all the depth we have coming back on D-line next year, is there a chance we redshirt some of our freshmen that are playing now, or is that not the norm after a guy has played his true freshmen year?

It could happen. It will be interesting to see

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Jemea is one example of a guy who played as a TFr and redshirted the next year, so it isn't unheard of. I expect Freeman plays (and maybe even starts) next year, but the other two it should be on the table depending on how spring plays out.

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently CPJ or either Tech media didn't want his pointed comments out there to inflame this thing. Probably wise for them not to post a video of his comments.. Just beat them like rented mules!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Duke is Duke. Take it however you like it.

We do need to beat the crap out of Duke so that the ACC doesn't have the chance of the embarrassment of Duke winning Coastal again.

My wife was listening to the Derrick Moore Miami pregame again after I told her what Cut said. No coach has insulted CPJ like this in his six years and CPJ has not responded like this that I can remember. Sure Beamer whines, but they respect each other. Beamer took VT from nothing and made it a national program. Cut got lucky last year.

Last edited:

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Coach is such an *** in these interviews. I love him.

Yeah, people like it when we're winning. When we lose, it rubs fans the wrong way.

I do like CPJ but I wish he wouldn't act like such a jerk during interviews like this. Man, in this interview his demeanor looks like we are 0-5 instead of 5-0.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My take, fwiw, is that coach works hard and puts a lot into practices. When practice is over, he's done, and adrenaline drains. He looks at post practice press as obligation rather than opportunity.

If I were the AD, I'd meet with him to discuss the message of the week rather than forcing the press to work for it.