CPJ Radio Show

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I could be wrong, but I think he said fastest since Dwyer. Either way, that is some high praise..

He's fast you can be sure of that. Between K Benson and Jerry we just might be all right. I can't get over the fact that all of a sudden we are down to a true freshman and a player who was 3rd string or worse last year yet Coach Johnson is apparently unconcerned. I guess he has confidence in them. After all, they came "highly recommended"

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He's fast you can be sure of that. Between K Benson and Jerry we just might be all right. I can't get over the fact that all of a sudden we are down to a true freshman and a player who was 3rd string or worse last year yet Coach Johnson is apparently unconcerned. I guess he has confidence in them. After all, they came "highly recommended"
One reason he has confidence in them a running back is as good as his OL makes him.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Benson will make big plays, the question is can he make the tough 1-2 yard gains when nothing is there. I'm optimistic about him though, he's short and stout so I believe he shouldn't be easy to knock backwards in the hole.

Benson was not third string. He did not play last year due to injury.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Benson will make big plays, the question is can he make the tough 1-2 yard gains when nothing is there. I'm optimistic about him though, he's short and stout so I believe he shouldn't be easy to knock backwards in the hole.

I'm not sure how accurate this comp is, but Benson is close to the same size as Maurice Jones Drew was. Slightly better top end speed. TBD on power and vision of Jones drew, but if he can be anything close to that guy, he will be awesome in this offense.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Is this guy injury prone? The article in this thread mentions high school injuries, and we've all been discussing his injuries from last year and this spring. Don't know how serious anything is though, maybe minor?

Hope he does well as the starter, but also hoping either Quaide, Jerry or Jordan can step up to be a quality backup. Anyone know the pecking order at this time? Based on chatter on this board, I'd say it is Kirvonte/Jerry/Quaide/Jordan. What say you?

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Andy talks too much!
I'll add to that that ever since Andy Demetra came on, he seems to talk. A LOT. I know he's the host and all but I feel like every minute of the show since he came on board is mostly him filling up the room with words whether he's saying anything or not.
I agree. His questions seem to take forever to get out of his mouth. It's the Paul Johnson or Josh Pastner radio show. We aren't tuning in to hear Andy.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we're gonna have to see if Benson has "it" once he gets all that speed and ability out on the field. But, don't go to sleep on one more intriguing thing-- this off-season he BROKE the team weightlifting record in the Squat. (all pardons if someone else has recently pointed this out and I missed it)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Benson was not third string. He did not play last year due to injury.

I just meant that we were down to a "third stringer" whoever it was going to be after losing the first two "stringers" as it were. Confusing I know. Gotta go take my meds maybe that will clear my thinking.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we're gonna have to see if Benson has "it" once he gets all that speed and ability out on the field. But, don't go to sleep on one more intriguing thing-- this off-season he BROKE the team weightlifting record in the Squat. (all pardons if someone else has recently pointed this out and I missed it)
Would love to see that leg strength keep moving a pile. DM was so good at keeping his legs moving no matter what. You can turn a no gainer into a 3 or 4 yarder, by churning, and possible break out of the traffic!