CPJ Radio Show

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Desire? Look at the work he has put in. Toughness? Saw him at the spring game and the fall scrimmage as well as in HS, he's plenty tough enough. I don't doubt for a second he will be a very good B back and quickly.

I guess you dont get my point. So ok. We can move on. Thats fine. The premise of my point was a reply to someone offering his measureables. I replied thats great but he needs to match that with desire heart and toughness on the field to which he has not yet. Which is fact. He has not demonstrated in games or a season this yet. You seem to think his spring game and hs tape as well as coming back from an injury are ample evidence of this.

I don't think its evidence of more than that. I hope he shows all that to match his talent in real games vs real college opponents that hate him. Right now there is no evidence of this....yet. He may be our best BB ever, and if he is he will show this for sure. No where did i say he doesnt have that. I said he needs to show and match it.

Perhaps you are taking this a tad more personal. But its fact he has to show all that on top of speed and strength on the field in real true action. We dont know yet as fans. We will find out. You say you know based on your observations; great. I dont know yet and many of us dont either. I hope its the case

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I guess you dont get my point. So ok. We can move on. Thats fine. The premise of my point was a reply to someone offering his measureables. I replied thats great but he needs to match that with desire heart and toughness on the field to which he has not yet. Which is fact. He has not demonstrated in games or a season this yet. You seem to think his spring game and hs tape as well as coming back from an injury are ample evidence of this.

I don't think its evidence of more than that. I hope he shows all that to match his talent in real games vs real college opponents that hate him. Right now there is no evidence of this....yet. He may be our best BB ever, and if he is he will show this for sure. No where did i say he doesnt have that. I said he needs to show and match it.

Perhaps you are taking this a tad more personal. But its fact he has to show all that on top of speed and strength on the field in real true action. We dont know yet as fans. We will find out. You say you know based on your observations; great. I dont know yet and many of us dont either. I hope its the case

And I disagree with most of what you say, desire and toughness have already been demonstrated in the work ethic to get healthy, his work in practice and he has the confidences of his coaches. Yes, it's true that he hasn't shown it in a game, yet. But if he hadn't shown those very characteristics in the time leading up to Monday do you think it would have shown in the 2 years he's been part of the team? Personal? Not at all, I simply recognize what he has done to get to this point and, again, I have no doubt he will succeed. So we agree to disagree, what I do know is we both want Tech to succeed and I'll leave it at that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And I disagree with most of what you say, desire and toughness have already been demonstrated in the work ethic to get healthy, his work in practice and he has the confidences of his coaches. Yes, it's true that he hasn't shown it in a game, yet. But if he hadn't shown those very characteristics in the time leading up to Monday do you think it would have shown in the 2 years he's been part of the team? Personal? Not at all, I simply recognize what he has done to get to this point and, again, I have no doubt he will succeed. So we agree to disagree, what I do know is we both want Tech to succeed and I'll leave it at that.

I agree to disagree with you in the fact that he hasnt done squat on the field in real live ball cuz he hasnt. And by that nature for me he has to prove it otherwise howard will be starting if he doesnt prove it.

However. I will agree that i hope he does show it all and ends up the best bb ever; i am not saying benson is bad. I am saying for me he still has alot to show.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Probably true. I dont "follow" you. I do recall you and I feverishly debating roof. So my point lied therewithin.

No. I've always agreed with you about Roof. However, you gave me an option to bet on Total D, and I thought our offense would've been good enough to move our total D down 3 places from 2015. I was mostly betting on our O to be able to keep opposing O's off the field, and our D to get just a bit better from a horrible 2015.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
No. I've always agreed with you about Roof. However, you gave me an option to bet on Total D, and I thought our offense would've been good enough to move our total D down 3 places from 2015. I was mostly betting on our O to be able to keep opposing O's off the field, and our D to get just a bit better from a horrible 2015.

With our O, our D should be way better in that metric. I would defend you on that. Never underestimate roof lol.

Btw. If ted would call every game all game like he calls them when we are behind 14 in the 4q i could get on his boat. But he doesnt for whatever reason. I actually love some of his calls in that situation

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
With our O, our D should be way better in that metric. I would defend you on that. Never underestimate roof lol.

Btw. If ted would call every game all game like he calls them when we are behind 14 in the 4q i could get on his boat. But he doesnt for whatever reason. I actually love some of his calls in that situation
Check out the first q and most of w nd q in 20q3 uga. 17 -0. Defense WAS disruptive and creative. Of course we had some beef.

Maybe Tennessee is our break out the disruptive defense.