CPJ Players Upset Not Getting Swag

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The irony is the two guys this thread is referring to would’ve played at somewhere like MTSU if it wasn’t for the GT football program. I know both of them personally, and they’re good guys. I think they’re just struggling to adjust to life after football and realizing that they aren’t vital to the program anymore.
Agreed 100%. From talking with them and seeing their viewpoints it looks like they just have not moved on. I feel for them, but what they are doing is not the way.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Agreed 100%. From talking with them and seeing their viewpoints it looks like they just have not moved on. I feel for them, but what they are doing is not the way.

They don’t have to feel like they are not a part of the program (i don’t thars how they feel) CGC is preaching the opposite. Even CPJ tried to get former players back and borderline begged for it, it just wasn’t as public. It’s just weird when you don’t know anyone, I guess.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
We should start a very public collection program of old swag and send it to them. :) A couple hundred worn-out T-Shirts showing up on their doorstep should send a message. Lol.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One time I sat in the upper north end zone, section 214 I think it was. We were playing UNC, it was a 3rd and long, and I farted.

That was you???!!!! I was so mad I didn't care that they converted 3rd and 14. Besides, I had grown accustomed to it (the giving up the 3rd and long, not the gas) and sort of expected it.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
They don’t have to feel like they are not a part of the program (i don’t thars how they feel) CGC is preaching the opposite. Even CPJ tried to get former players back and borderline begged for it, it just wasn’t as public. It’s just weird when you don’t know anyone, I guess.
I mean by just being around the program and showing up you'll get to know them. By reaching out and asking what can you do to continue to help the program may open more doors than they know.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Ibeeballin I just want to say thanks for your contributions on the board. I don't know that this is a worthwhile thread, but there's two sides to every story. The perspective you've been able to share on how things look from the inside looking out, instead of the fan perspective has always been really valuable! Keep balling!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ibeeballin I just want to say thanks for your contributions on the board. I don't know that this is a worthwhile thread, but there's two sides to every story. The perspective you've been able to share on how things look from the inside looking out, instead of the fan perspective has always been really valuable! Keep balling!

Thanks. It’s a definitely a unique view of being one of the select few that have played for and have a relationship with the 3 past GT coaches.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I think they’re under portraying CGC’s attempt at showing love to former guys. For example I remember Kyle Cerge talking about how even after his last game Collins was offering the facilities to him to work out etc. like someone else stated, you’ll never please everyone so as CPJ would say it is what it is.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Even CPJ tried to get former players back and borderline begged for it, it just wasn’t as public.
That’s not 100% true. Next time you see Pat Swilling, ask him about how he felt CPJ treated his former players in regards to program access. I think the quote was, “My family gets treated better at LSU than GT.”

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
That’s not 100% true. Next time you see Pat Swilling, ask him about how he felt CPJ treated his former players in regards to program access. I think the quote was, “My family gets treated better at LSU than GT.”
I will. I can only share how i was treated when i visited Practice and was asked to please come back and tell others to come too.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Golden was the one butt hurt over the recruiting comments made during the FSU game, right? He certainly seems like he is anyway
He has been butt hurt over the program since the day he left. I have only seen love for Auburn and the Patriots from him. Rarely do I see something positive about GT away from his personal teammates or his achievements at Tech.