CPJ Players Upset Not Getting Swag

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
There are a couple players that have recently publicly showed their distaste with the current program for not getting free gear. Not to be rude, but I guess that is what CPJ taught his players? Or are they just salty? Really only current NFL players or guys making BIG waves in the business world are getting cool gifts from the program. I truly don't understand the whining over not getting a free tshirt and a free hoodie. If they want a shirt I'll buy them a shirt to shut them up. We have to separate this regime from the CPJ era.

Sorry, rant is over. Just extremely annoying that we are finally getting national exposure and a few guys are complaining because they aren't being noticed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
There are a couple players that have recently publicly showed their distaste with the current program for not getting free gear. Not to be rude, but I guess that is what CPJ taught his players? Or are they just salty? Really only current NFL players or guys making BIG waves in the business world are getting cool gifts from the program. I truly don't understand the whining over not getting a free tshirt and a free hoodie. If they want a shirt I'll buy them a shirt to shut them up. We have to separate this regime from the CPJ era.

Sorry, rant is over. Just extremely annoying that we are finally getting national exposure and a few guys are complaining because they aren't being noticed.

Probably 99% of us would know nothing about this until you said something. 100% of us probably don't care now that we know.

This kind of thing happens at probably every program, btw. Happened in our bball program to some degree. IOW, has nothing to do with CPJ or "what he taught".

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Who tf cares. This thread topic sucks. It’s only going to turn into the 500th GCG vs CPJ thread on this site. Mods - lite this thread on fire and send it back to where it came from.
Just saying it is going to hurt recruiting when those guys start complaining publicly. They have done this repetitively, and I find it in extremely poor taste.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Probably 99% of us would know nothing about this until you said something. 100% of us probably don't care now that we know.

This kind of thing happens at probably every program, btw. Happened in our bball program to some degree. IOW, has nothing to do with CPJ or "what he taught".
We don't know how much ill intent is behind these players. I am calling out the character of these young men. I expected GT to produce better than this.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This is comical at this point. Help them out 😂🤣 You'
Screenshot_20200922-100120_Twitter.jpg
d think they were living in a 3rd world country needing a jacket to stay warm.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We don't know how much ill intent is behind these players. I am calling out the character of these young men. I expected GT to produce better than this.

Are you serious? So you think they're on a campaign to take down the program and CPJ put them all up to it?

You're calling out their character? Wow. How many actual conversations have you had with any of them? Yet you're calling out their character? Yikes. Do better, boger. I won't be giving this ridiculous thread any more of my time.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Just saying it is going to hurt recruiting when those guys start complaining publicly. They have done this repetitively, and I find it in extremely poor taste.

Then go reply to their tweets. Nothing good going to come from you complaining about people complaining on a message board.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Are you serious? So you think they're on a campaign to take down the program and CPJ put them all up to it?

You're calling out their character? Wow. How many actual conversations have you had with any of them? Yet you're calling out their character? Yikes. Do better, boger. I won't be giving this ridiculous thread any more of my time.
How you represent yourself on social media is a reflection of who you are. Why not actively promote your former school? Why act like a little brat? Bad look on their part. Very selfish.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you are that concerned about their intent why not go nicely ask them to refrain? I'm sure if you explain your concerns in a rational manner they will take your concerns into account and will stop.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If you are that concerned about their intent why not go nicely ask them to refrain? I'm sure if you explain your concerns in a rational manner they will take your concerns into account and will stop.
I have. No response. I have mentioned in an extremely respectful manner to think of the repercussions of these posts if current recruits see them.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I've heard drawing unsavory things around pot holes gets the job done. Worth a shot lol.

What a joke of a thread and bogers character has come to light, and it ain't looking good.
? I just don't respect people who crap on a program publicly because they don't get handouts. What a CROCK.

Deleted member 2897

I've heard drawing unsavory things around pot holes gets the job done. Worth a shot lol.

What a joke of a thread and bogers character has come to light, and it ain't looking good.

That pot holes thing is hilarious!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
This is so stupid and another reason why those guys are annoying.

1) You’re not entitled to anything. You're a grown *** man, but your own stuff like me and everyone else.

2) If they attended Letterwinners or Legends of the Flat. You would’ve received free swag
The irony is the two guys this thread is referring to would’ve played at somewhere like MTSU if it wasn’t for the GT football program. I know both of them personally, and they’re good guys. I think they’re just struggling to adjust to life after football and realizing that they aren’t vital to the program anymore.