I want to see the more second string players in the game because:
1) it develops the second string players; they will play one day and many will be called upon at the spur of the moment based on injury to the starter
2) second string players who are rested can be better than first string who are tired (depends on the talent gap)
3) it shows who is a gamer; some people must practice better than they play in the game (Chamberlain)
4) it increases competition among players which, although uncomfortable for some, brings out the best
5) reduces chance of injury to starters due to fatigue or playing in less important parts of the game.
I don't have an issue with any of these reasons to want to see more second stringers in the game. I largely agree.
I am right there as well with those who are sentimental about wanting to see Shamire or Synjyn play. I am fond of both of them from what I have seen of their demeanor, effort, and how they carry themselves as Tech representatives. They are easy to root for (as most Tech players are) so I sympathize with the desire to see them in games.
I specifically say I don't understand the "degree" of impatience voiced at times in some of these posts. It is a matter of degree of reaction in a positive or negative direction. If someone goes too far about "why isn't so and so playing?" and "I want more back-up X" then it makes me react to try and swing the pendulum back to more balance.
Basically, it is nice to have the problem of thinking our second string is so close to the first that we all want to see more of them in games.