CPJ discusses QBs

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Any QB that completes less than 50% of his passes is a below avg. QB regardless of any other factor.
Have to disagree... I'm more with the efficiency rating than the completion percentage alone.
Throwing a boatload of 2 yard completions isn't very good even if you complete 98% of the passes.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We started the year with the most experienced OL we had ever had and one that could have been great. That OL never played a down due to injury and Alford quitting the sport. By the fourth game we were playing our preseason 3rd string OT (Roberts) and had moved our most experienced OG (Jackson) out to OT as well. Oh, and Devine, who could have helped, got hurt and was out just long enough to make it irrational to blow his redshirt. As I've said here before, the wonder of 2013 was that, despite all this and a QB who really couldn't run the TO effectively, we ended up rushing for 293 ypg. And people call for Sewak's head!

All we can do is hope and pray that we don't go through that again. If we can get our staring OL coming out of fall practice to stay intact on the field for the season (or, more realistically, if we only loose one of them and not for long), then I think we'll do just fine. The players are there; it's just a matter of giving them enough experience playing with each other. OLs "jelling" is a concern for all teams, but it is absolutely vital for us. Getting the players used to working with each other and to the O at full tilt is what we need and I hope and pray (again) we can get.

It's too easy to forget all of the facts that created issues for the OL last year. Thanks for the reminder.