CPJ AJC Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Man I thought CPJ went way too easy on Collins. I would have made fun of every damn dumb thing Collins did that didn’t work. Money down, competition is king, etc. Collins was down right hateful to CPJ for no reason. I’m much more revenge oriented and I would have slammed him so hard. Collins was a pitifully coach. Collins Ran CPJ into the ground and tried to blame CPJ for all of his horrible failings. Collins deserves much ridicule as possible. And if I were CPJ, I would have given it and piled on.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Man I thought CPJ went way too easy on Collins. I would have made fun of every damn dumb thing Collins did that didn’t work. Money down, competition is king, etc. Collins was down right hateful to CPJ for no reason. I’m much more revenge oriented and I would have slammed him so hard. Collins was a pitifully coach. Collins Ran CPJ into the ground and tried to blame CPJ for all of his horrible failings. Collins deserves much ridicule as possible. And if I were CPJ, I would have given it and piled on.
Eh, CPJ really has nothing to gain from denigrating Collins. There’s still a fair amount of Tech fans who don’t like him and don’t appreciate what he was able to do here. He knows that, and he knows there’s a big chunk of Tech fans that will always like him and respect him as one of our best coaches ever.

If he had any pent up anger over Collins’ antics, it had probably worn off and turned into more apathy than anything over the last 4 years. CPJ is a stand up guy, even if he didn’t always come across as a good dude in the media, he was. And I believe he always had the best interests of GT, our players, and our fans at heart. Running down Collins isn’t really beneficial for anybody

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Saying “it’s unfair to me and the players to lie about some things and ignore all the success” is a pretty restrained position. The walk the walk thing is the most straight burn I see in there but it’s still pretty mild.

I appreciate that he didn’t say it before Collins was fired, which could’ve only sown more discord, but now? Sure, why not.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Eh, CPJ really has nothing to gain from denigrating Collins. There’s still a fair amount of Tech fans who don’t like him and don’t appreciate what he was able to do here. He knows that, and he knows there’s a big chunk of Tech fans that will always like him and respect him as one of our best coaches ever.

If he had any pent up anger over Collins’ antics, it had probably worn off and turned into more apathy than anything over the last 4 years. CPJ is a stand up guy, even if he didn’t always come across as a good dude in the media, he was. And I believe he always had the best interests of GT, our players, and our fans at heart. Running down Collins isn’t really beneficial for anybody

Really the dumbest thing was had Geoff not done the "greatest transition ever", extended an olive branch to johnson, brought him in to learn form him a bit, he might have had more success and had an asset. Imagine if he'd have reached out and brought paul in to help them prepare for citadel? Paul didn't forget things obviously his insight as far as blocking schemes and everything lead to him going up to the raven's to walk them through some stuff. Geoff could have spun it as "taking advantage of every great thing GT has." Instead they wanted a scape goat and boy did he need one.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Saying “it’s unfair to me and the players to lie about some things and ignore all the success” is a pretty restrained position. The walk the walk thing is the most straight burn I see in there but it’s still pretty mild.

I appreciate that he didn’t say it before Collins was fired, which could’ve only sown more discord, but now? Sure, why not.
Probably first time someone asked for some quotes/interview from him since wahoo was fired.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Really the dumbest thing was had Geoff not done the "greatest transition ever", extended an olive branch to johnson, brought him in to learn form him a bit, he might have had more success and had an asset. Imagine if he'd have reached out and brought paul in to help them prepare for citadel? Paul didn't forget things obviously his insight as far as blocking schemes and everything lead to him going up to the raven's to walk them through some stuff. Geoff could have spun it as "taking advantage of every great thing GT has." Instead they wanted a scape goat and boy did he need one.
You don’t want a former HC to be around too much, because then you risk dividing the team. But even if CPJ was never around the players the coaching staff should’ve been watering at the mouth to have CPJ around as much as possible in order to learn from him. Collins focused too much time and energy on “the transition,” and not enough on winning games. CPJ probably could’ve given them a lot of solid ideas on things they could do to transition into more of a pro style offense without losing the effective run blocking or schemes the team was already good at. Instead, Collins went full scorched earth and tried to promote Tech as completely and totally separated from CPJ and “the option.” His career paid for that mistake, and GT fans have been paying for it for 3+ years, and we’ve been robbed of decent to good seasons that might’ve came along had he not chosen the path he did.

I wonder if Key and CPJ have any sort of relationship or connection? Would Key have welcomed CPJs input as OL coach in 2019? Or would he have been sheepish to listen to him. Would Key have anything to do with CPJ if he was named full-time HC? I feel like Chadwell would have a huge opportunity to connect with CPJ should he be hired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.