CPJ AJC Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
“Let’s move forward. We’re not going to talk about the past, we’re moving forward.”

I liked that a lot. Johnson wasn’t asking to be feted after retiring - he just wanted the program to move onward.

I think it’s interesting that it was with Ken. Some of his postgame responses to Ken’s questions were timeless.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
It was always crazy to me that people, including Geoff dogged on CPJ and everything he accomplished. He was arguably the greatest coach in GT history but everyone acted like he was terrible just because of the offense he ran. The man’s resume speaks for itself. CPJ belongs in the HOF and if he ever returns to GT I hope we give him a standing ovation. Because he deserves it.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think it’s interesting that it was with Ken. Some of his postgame responses to Ken’s questions were timeless.

From what I understand, CPJ respected Ken. He knew Ken had a job to do, and that he was going to ask tough questions. I got the impression he respected Shultz somewhat as well. I never got the impression he respected Bradley even the least little bit.

CPJ had a better relationship with the AJC than he's often given credit for.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It was always crazy to me that people, including Geoff dogged on CPJ and everything he accomplished. He was arguably the greatest coach in GT history but everyone acted like he was terrible just because of the offense he ran. The man’s resume speaks for itself. CPJ belongs in the HOF and if he ever returns to GT I hope we give him a standing ovation. Because he deserves it.

I would hope the next staff has him back soon.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I was ready to move on from CPJ at the time he retired, but I wish he would’ve gotten a couple of years at the end with the resources that we gave Collins upon his arrival. CPJ didn’t even need an OC, and Collins’ staff got more than CPJ’s last staff in 2018 got. If we gave CPJ that extra $400k for staff hires, as well as the new recruiting staff, CPJ’s last few years could’ve looked a lot different.

The chart showing our FEI ranks on offense and defense say that 2017 should’ve been a lot better than it was, and better than we were in 2016, which ended with 9 wins. If we play up to our numbers in 2017 and CPJ gets a resource boost, 2017-22 look at lot different for GT football.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
2 things I'd love to know after reading the interview.

1. What are CPJ's thoughts on the coaching search?

2. How much advanced notice did CPJ give ADTS only to end up with C******?

Status
Not open for further replies.