CPJ 9AM Retirement Press Conference

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If Satterfield takes a new job then PJ would fit well at App State. It's in western NC and has had a lot of success. Not tough academically and he could win there. Not great place to recruit top talent since sandwiched between UT VT UNC NCSU . I don't think he goes to an academy or high academic school again. I expect to see him coaching again somewhere in a couple of years once he gets bored playing golf 5 days a week.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a lot of emotions the day of the announcement. Change is always exciting and sad and difficult and fun - all at the same time. I was in the CPJ camp, and I love things about him - the way he cared about the kids, the way he wanted them to want to go to Tech, the graduation rate, the way he made adjustments in-game, his stubbornness (which also drove me nuts), the way he talked to the media, the fact that his TEAM had to be a team to win and not rely on a star, the discipline he brought to the team, and the fact that he got Tech! I loved watching the option and thought it made for fun football. It was exciting, and the past few years have been fantastic fodder for conversations and have helped me build a new type of relationship and tradition in my family. I am so very sad to see CPJ go and wondered what the future would bring for my traditions and fun football watching. But I loved this press conference. I feel better now about where we are going. TStan said all the right things for me - must be a fit and understand Tech, must be an innovator, must continue to improve. We'll see who he hires and what happens, but here's to a LOT of hope for the future! Go Jackets!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If Satterfield takes a new job then PJ would fit well at App State. It's in western NC and has had a lot of success. Not tough academically and he could win there. Not great place to recruit top talent since sandwiched between UT VT UNC NCSU . I don't think he goes to an academy or high academic school again. I expect to see him coaching again somewhere in a couple of years once he gets bored playing golf 5 days a week.

No NO NO NO NO paul johnson does not coach clapp state....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I had a lot of emotions the day of the announcement. Change is always exciting and sad and difficult and fun - all at the same time. I was in the CPJ camp, and I love things about him - the way he cared about the kids, the way he wanted them to want to go to Tech, the graduation rate, the way he made adjustments in-game, his stubbornness (which also drove me nuts), the way he talked to the media, the fact that his TEAM had to be a team to win and not rely on a star, the discipline he brought to the team, and the fact that he got Tech! I loved watching the option and thought it made for fun football. It was exciting, and the past few years have been fantastic fodder for conversations and have helped me build a new type of relationship and tradition in my family. I am so very sad to see CPJ go and wondered what the future would bring for my traditions and fun football watching. But I loved this press conference. I feel better now about where we are going. TStan said all the right things for me - must be a fit and understand Tech, must be an innovator, must continue to improve. We'll see who he hires and what happens, but here's to a LOT of hope for the future! Go Jackets!
Had to bump this post!
The complex blocking, mess, running the seem, reads, longest day, stop and pass, and most of all the adjustments, etc are gone .

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I think if he comes back it will be to a power 5 program where he feels he can recruit better, more fan support, etc. The only thing he has left to do is win it all at the top level. Part of me hopes he does because I know he would dominate in the right environment. The problem is his offense is taboo at the factories because they care about recruiting rankings and perception too much. If there’s a program like that that would have the guts to take him on in spite of the certain negative reaction of some of their fan base, he would crush everyone. His best chance might be if someone takes a chance on him as OC. If Saban brought him in everyone else might as well abandon all hope.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think if he comes back it will be to a power 5 program where he feels he can recruit better, more fan support, etc. The only thing he has left to do is win it all at the top level. Part of me hopes he does because I know he would dominate in the right environment. The problem is his offense is taboo at the factories because they care about recruiting rankings and perception too much. If there’s a program like that that would have the guts to take him on in spite of the certain negative reaction of some of their fan base, he would crush everyone. His best chance might be if someone takes a chance on him as OC. If Saban brought him in everyone else might as well abandon all hope.

If Saban brought him in everyone else might as well abandon all hope.

I could almost see Saban doing this as another way of showing the collegiate world he is the best :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
Or Paul Johnson succeeds Coach Cut at Duke
It would be a meltdown of epic proportions if CPJ went to Dook only to come back & kick our asses when he couldn’t get the job done against Coach C***lips. That would make me want to vomit.

If Saban brought him in everyone else might as well abandon all hope.

I could almost see Saban doing this as another way of showing the collegiate world he is the best :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There would be only 1 thing left in all the world that would be worse than helping Satan win, he goes mutt & they win a championship. Think about that for a minute if you’re into having nightmares.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If Coach comes back to coaching, it would only be to a Pwr5 team, imo.

I suspect that behind all the speculation is that he wasn't going to get a contract extension this off-season.

He wasn't going to be fired, and he wasn't asked to leave. However, he wasn't going to be given the vote of confidence from an extension either.

I think that's probably where the donor influence may have affected things.

When you've had the proven track record that CPJ has had, it can be frustrating to have to prove it every year.

Again, this is all just speculation and suspicion on my part.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I think USCe would be a perfect fit for cpj. They have a knack for hiring older successful coaches and having success with them. He might even get an augusta membership out of it.

I'd love to see what he can do with no academic restrictions. And I'd love to see him whip up on clem and the mutts.