Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

View attachment 8709

The COVID-19 death rate varies by about 4 orders of magnitude depending on age, and the age distribution varies greatly between countries, so deaths are normalized according to the relative population distributions, with France (the oldest population here) as the base. All countries except France show a higher than actual deaths per million - an estimate of deaths if the country's age distribution was the same as France.

Even Dr Fauci states that there are studies that have shown efficacy.

Logic tells us that giving the medicine with other things like zinc, at different times of sickness, at different severity of sickness, to different ages of patients might have large differences. To say that large wide ranging studies did not show efficacy is not surprising. That’s not uncommon with medicines.

Boy the "doctors" at Facebook really don't want anyone to know what a team of REAL doctors had to say about HCL. I found a since-deleted Youtube video of their news conference held just yesterday and downloaded it and saved it and posted it on FB last night. It was removed today. Whether one chooses to believe what these doctors said or not, why would FB not give people a chance to decide for themselves? And what they had to say is based on their own personal experience as doctors administering HCL (with incredible success, I might add), as opposed to no medical experience at all by "Doctor" Zuckerberg and his staff. What gives them the right to "protect" us?

Deleted member 2897

Boy the "doctors" at Facebook really don't want anyone to know what a team of REAL doctors had to say about HCL. I found a since-deleted Youtube video of their news conference held just yesterday and downloaded it and saved it and posted it on FB last night. It was removed today. Whether one chooses to believe what these doctors said or not, why would FB not give people a chance to decide for themselves? And what they had to say is based on their own personal experience as doctors administering HCL (with incredible success, I might add), as opposed to no medical experience at all by "Doctor" Zuckerberg and his staff. What gives them the right to "protect" us?

Because one section of our country is intolerant and fascist.

Deleted member 2897

Thete is a huge lurking issue with superbugs - bacteria resistant to antibiotics. COVID weakens the body, enabling these bacterial infections. Now we’ve got tons and tons MORE people feeding these bacteria drugs that are already becoming impotent. Lots of companies that were working on promising new antibiotics disappeared in the last few years. Might be a good place to spend some money since we’re pilfering the treasury.

It's actually both. There is viral pneumonia and bacterial pneumonia. Viral pneumonia is a complication of the viruses that cause colds and the flu. It accounts for about one third of pneumonia cases. The virus invades your lungs and causes them to swell, blocking your flow of oxygen. In bacterial pneumonia, there will likely be a much more visible presence of fluid in the lungs than viral pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia is also more likely to enter the blood stream and infect other parts of the body.

Deleted member 2897

you’re getting it backward. Covid deaths are listed as such when the patient has been tested and confirmed to have Covid.

Not completely true. If you test negative or don't have a test (because you can't get one), but you show symptoms, doctors will treat you as if you have it. For example, Doctor Fair from NBC (a virologist ironically) tested negative 4 times. Some states call this out in their reports (South Carolina does) - confirmed positive cases, presumed positive cases...confirmed deaths, presumed deaths.

Here is an example from yesterdays state DHEC report:
State health officials have reported 1,666 new cases of COVID-19 and 48 additional deaths in South Carolina.

Today’s update brings the total number of people confirmed to have COVID-19 in the state to 85,423, and those who have died to 1,551, according to DHEC. So far, there has been a total of 423 probable cases and 64 probable deaths, the state health agency reported.

My wife is a nurse and says it is pretty common for people to show all the symptoms and be treated as a positive despite getting a negative test result(s) back.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Not completely true. If you test negative or don't have a test (because you can't get one), but you show symptoms, doctors will treat you as if you have it. For example, Doctor Fair from NBC (a virologist ironically) tested negative 4 times. Some states call this out in their reports (South Carolina does) - confirmed positive cases, presumed positive cases...confirmed deaths, presumed deaths.

Here is an example from yesterdays state DHEC report:
State health officials have reported 1,666 new cases of COVID-19 and 48 additional deaths in South Carolina.

Today’s update brings the total number of people confirmed to have COVID-19 in the state to 85,423, and those who have died to 1,551, according to DHEC. So far, there has been a total of 423 probable cases and 64 probable deaths, the state health agency reported.

My wife is a nurse and says it is pretty common for people to show all the symptoms and be treated as a positive despite getting a negative test result(s) back.

Oh ok, so a fraction of cases and deaths are probable due to lack of testing?

as far as the flu, and “flu deaths” as reported by the CDC, it’s an estimate based on a calculation. .

however, the talking point that flu is just as deadly as covid is not true. Not based on any reported numbers.

Deleted member 2897

as far as the flu, and “flu deaths” as reported by the CDC, it’s an estimate based on a calculation. .

however, the talking point that flu is just as deadly as covid is not true. Not based on any reported numbers.

Yep, and when we had the swine flu outbreak in 2009, the CDC ordered all testing to cease once it was declared a pandemic. Their logic was "what's the point in testing, we already said its a pandemic". LOL. So all the numbers we have (I think it was 50-70m infected) are total estimates based on modeling.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Reported numbers are known to be inaccurate at this point. Death rates at this point are either based on numbers known to be inaccurate, or estimates. Reported cases is not equal to number of actual infections. The death rate of COVID-19 is not the number of deaths divided by the number of confirmed cases. The number of actual cases isn't known. I have seen estimates between 10x and 15x confirmed infections. If that is the case, then the death rate in the US would be about 0.2%. However, that is just an estimate, not an actual known number. The death rate of COVID-19 is somewhere between the death rate of the flu and 30 times the death rate of the flu. It will take time and analysis of data to approximate what it actually is. We are too close to the event to be able to understand all of the data and make analysis.

Deleted member 2897

Yesterday, Dr. Fauci recommended people wear goggles or face shields. I am not aware of any country in the world encouraging that. Am I wrong there? I feel like more and more he’s an eradication/shoot for 100% perfection guy instead of a flatten the curve guy.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep, and when we had the swine flu outbreak in 2009, the CDC ordered all testing to cease once it was declared a pandemic. Their logic was "what's the point in testing, we already said its a pandemic". LOL. So all the numbers we have (I think it was 50-70m infected) are total estimates based on modeling.

but thats NOT the case for covid. On the contrary, the numbers you’ve stated suggest only a small minority of “probables” are included due to lack of testing capacity. They’re not “not testing” for covid. They’re “not testing” for seasonal flu.

Deleted member 2897

but thats NOT the case for covid. On the contrary, the numbers you’ve stated suggest only a small minority of “probables” are included due to lack of testing capacity. They’re not “not testing” for covid. They’re “not testing” for seasonal flu.

Correct. We are extremely aggressive in what we include as Covid cases and deaths.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Yesterday, Dr. Fauci recommended people wear goggles or face shields. I am not aware of any country in the world encouraging that. Am I wrong there? I feel like more and more he’s an eradication/shoot for 100% perfection guy instead of a flatten the curve guy.
From what I read he was saying if you want more complete protection wear goggles or a face shield with your mask. I’ve seen other doctors recommend the same and one who works at my company who flies will not get on a plane without his goggles. It keeps anything, including your hands, from your eyes. I don’t think he was saying anything new.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

Excited to see I made your signature. I will always be glad to discuss the merits of that comment if you would like. If you don't believe the government and laws of this nation are structured in such a way as to give minorities a leg up I would be glad to help you understand my perspective. Have you ever heard of affirmative action? If you can point me to a law in 2020 that gives white men an advantage I would love to here it.

GT_EE78

Banned
The 45 minute news conference from America’s Frontline Doctors has been reposted at

The 3 hour presentation is reposted at
(how HCQ works is at about 3 min to 14 min)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
By the way, 2/3 of Sweden's deaths were people over 80, and ...brace yourself... 97% of those NEVER received ICU treatment. The reason? Socialized medicine decided they were not worth spending the resource on.....but, don't tell a liberal that government run health care might have faults.

I would like to see some documentation of this. I'm not necessarily doubting you, but if you make such a charge it should be backed up by evidence. To date, 5,646 have died of coronavirus in Sweden...:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sweden-coronavirus-death-toll-projections/ From the article: "5,646 deaths"

...And there have been 2,504 coronavirus patients in intensive care:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...s-in-intensive-care-in-sweden-2020-by-gender/

From the article: "A total of 2,504 coronavirus (COVID-19) patients had been hospitalized in intensive care in Sweden as of July 27, 2020."

And if they triaged some of them, that's happened here as well, notably most recently in the Rio Grande Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.