Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
France & Israel closing movie theaters, cafes, & restaurants starting Sunday. No indication as to how long they will remain closed.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
KFC® Free Delivery 3/14/20-4/26/20

Free delivery available at participating U.S. KFC® locations for users who place an order via grubhub.com, the Grubhub app, or order.kfc.com. Expires 4/26/20. Items may vary. A service fee will apply and a small order fee will apply for orders less than $12 (before tax, tip, and fees). No promo code required. Only valid for personal (non-corporate) accounts. Cannot be combined with most discounts or cash. Grubhub and KFC reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the offer, or any part of it, for any reason at any time, including, without limitation, if any fraud or technical failure impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the offer. KFC may contact purchaser with a short online survey to collect feedback related to their experience. ©2020 KFC Corporation. All rights reserved.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Redneck bidet!

89954037_3437613646254175_6154967488430866432_n.jpg

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
STAMFORD, Conn. (WIVB) — Charter is lending a hand to families in need of Internet access.

The company that provides Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi is offering free services to households with children in school or college students who don’t have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps.

Starting March 16, this will be available for 60 days. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived.

Along with this, Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots for public use.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have friends looking to take advantage of the dirt cheap all inclusive vacations right now; I’m telling them exactly what you just shared. I think all of this is stupid panic but I’m not leaving the country at all because you risk getting caught on the wrong side of a quarantine. 2 weeks vacation in Cabo is fantastic until it turns into 2 months stuck in Mexico and you’re not on a resort.

It looks like what we are doing in the United States to slow the spread of the virus is mirroring other countries. In other countries,they are not letting people travel from town to town. If that happens in the US, you know it's serious.

I'm currently visiting New Orleans, and not gonna lie, an announcement that each city is being quarantined is in the back of my head. (BTW, Canal St is a sh!thole). I'm enjoying all the amazing food and booze here, but I'm looking forward to getting out of here tomorrow.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Tybee Island Irish Heritage Celebration Parade scheduled for 3pm Saturday, March 14th, was cancelled by the City of Tybee Island and the Irish Heritage Committee at 10am Saturday. In true Tybee Island fashion the parade participants decided to parade anyway! A grand time was had by all on a very beautiful day.
I did not attend because I had to go to the grocery store.

slugboy

Staff member
STAMFORD, Conn. (WIVB) — Charter is lending a hand to families in need of Internet access.

The company that provides Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi is offering free services to households with children in school or college students who don’t have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps.

Starting March 16, this will be available for 60 days. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived.

Along with this, Charter will open its Wi-Fi hotspots for public use.

Comcast and ATT are doing something similar

https://www.extremetech.com/interne...-improved-internet-access-in-wake-of-covid-19

https://komonews.com/news/coronavir...-days-to-low-income-residents-due-to-covid-19 (Washington State article)

https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Election officials in Georgia have postponed the March 24 presidential primaries over fears of the growing coronavirus pandemic.
The contest will be pushed until May, officials said.
Louisiana became the first state to do so on Friday.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Posted: Mar 14, 2020 / 06:42 PM EDT / Updated: Mar 14, 2020 / 06:42 PM EDT
ATLANTA, Ga. (WSAV) – Governor Brian Kemp issued an executive order to call up as many as 2,000 Georgia National Guard troops to active duty to address the coronavirus and COVID-19 in Georgia.
According to the Governor, the Georgia National Guard will help ensure the steady supply of medical equipment, food, shelter, or related materials to Georgia communities.

The Georgia National Guard is assisting with the transfer of thirty-one Georgians – formerly passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship – from Dobbins Air Reserve Base to their homes this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.