Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Because Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, and many other countries have each said that thousands and thousands of people died of COVID at home uncounted. Has the United States said that? Do we have any proof that’s happening? So when all the main countries in Europe ha e worse numbers than we do, and they all admit to worse data purity than we have, it is what it is. The State of Florida tests more than they do in huge entire countries over there like France. My cousin lives on the U.K. and was sick with COVID for 17 days. She never was able to get a test, so nobody in her family counts. The world is a mess, it’s high time we stop ****ting on our own selves.

You really need to read links people post. Seriously, it's not just me that's pointed out the fact that you respond without reading...and it's readily apparent when you make a post that's disproven by the very links in that you respond to.

What you accuse people of, the United States scientists and doctors have pointed out are happening within our own country. You ignore data within our own border to obfuscate proof that undermines your points. You do realize that other people actually read the links so it makes your statements look ill informed.

Deleted member 2897

You really need to read links people post. Seriously, it's not just me that's pointed out the fact that you respond without reading...and it's readily apparent when you make a post that's disproven by the very links in that you respond to.

What you accuse people of, the United States scientists and doctors have pointed out are happening within our own country. You ignore data within our own border to obfuscate proof that undermines your points. You do realize that other people actually read the links so it makes your statements look ill informed.

Stop accusing people of lying and being unable to read.

If what you say is true, then please provide a link for us to read - nobody ever has unless I missed it. I assume you are talking about thousands and thousands of people dying of COVID at home uncounted because we have no room in our hospitals, since that was the conversation.

I’ll await your reply with much anticipation.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Stop accusing people of lying and being unable to read.

If what you say is true, then please provide a link for us to read - nobody ever has unless I missed it. I assume you are talking about thousands and thousands of people dying of COVID at home uncounted because we have no room in our hospitals, since that was the conversation.

I’ll await your reply with much anticipation.

You LITERALLY replied to a post with a link that points how the United States reported numbers of infection and deaths is undercounted.

I don't need to accuse you of anything, all people need to do is read your replies. It's really funny how it's multiple people asking you to read something before replying. At some point you need to look at the common denominator.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Cases and deaths are inflated. Any "metric" using those numbers are inflated. And, why should we care what countries allow US travelers?

On the first Wednesday in November, either K'rona will disappear, or there will be the biggest outbreak that this galaxy has ever seen.
Yeah because the whole world is involved in a massive plot to influence the US elections. I think you’ve spouted just about every Coronavirus conspiracy theory so far. Very impressive.

Deleted member 2897

You LITERALLY replied to a post with a link that points how the United States reported numbers of infection and deaths is undercounted.

I don't need to accuse you of anything, all people need to do is read your replies. It's really funny how it's multiple people asking you to read something before replying. At some point you need to look at the common denominator.

I find it ironic you accuse me of not being able to read, when as always, it’s the group of you all BHBs who struggle with the same problem. Did you even read the article he linked? All they did was compare our current death count from all causes this year to the average. Voila! 27,000 missing COVID deaths. Perhaps you should read this particular sentence again: “Perhaps the most important consideration is that not all of these excess deaths were necessarily caused by covid-19 directly.” Perhaps you should read it several times. These are not people who died of COVID. These are people who died of suicide, overdoses, gunshot wounds, strokes, heart attacks.

Now contrast this to Italy, France, Brazil and on and on - you can google it. Their officials are on record as saying they have thousands and thousands and thousands of uncounted COVID deaths, because their hospitals were full and people stayed and died at home. These are real bodies that died at home that they know couldn’t find space in a hospital. They weren’t a theoretical exercise on a spreadsheet. We don’t have full hospitals that turn people away to die at home.

You guys who keep telling me I can’t read all have the same problem. Oh the irony.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I find it ironic you accuse me of not being able to read, when as always, it’s the group of you all BHBs who struggle with the same problem. Did you even read the article he linked? All they did was compare our current death count from all causes this year to the average. Voila! 27,000 missing COVID deaths. Perhaps you should read this particular sentence again: “Perhaps the most important consideration is that not all of these excess deaths were necessarily caused by covid-19 directly.” Perhaps you should read it several times. These are not people who died of COVID. These are people who died of suicide, overdoses, gunshot wounds, strokes, heart attacks.

Now contrast this to Italy, France, Brazil and on and on - you can google it. Their officials are on record as saying they have thousands and thousands and thousands of uncounted COVID deaths, because their hospitals were full and people stayed and died at home. These are real bodies that died at home that they know couldn’t find space on a hospital. They weren’t a th eidetic always exercise on a spreadsheet.

You guys who keep telling me I can’t read all have the same problem. Oh the irony.

Again proof you didn't read the link I provided. We're not even having the same discussion as you're off on a tangent about someone else's post. Whatever...I'm done here. Have a good night.

Deleted member 2897

Again proof you didn't read the link I provided. We're not even having the same discussion as you're of on a tangent about someone else's post. Whatever...I'm done here. Have a good night.

HA HA HA HA HA! Always ends the same doesn’t it. Don’t come to a gun fight with a slingshot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
HA HA HA HA HA! Always ends the same doesn’t it. Don’t come to a gun fight with a slingshot.

Actually, most discussions you have with others does end the same. People point out how you're wrong and you get personal and start name calling. It's just a waste of time so excuse me if I'd rather find other discussions to partake in.

Also, way to change the subject that you didn't read the link. LOL.

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
I am not sure why people keep using the "well other countries are underreporting Covid data" defense when trying to defend the US's Covid numbers. It'a pretty well accepted that the United States is in the same "underreporting" boat as many countries unless someone is just flat out ignoring reality about how awful the US has handled all of this:

It’s pretty well or maybe even universally misunderstood the excess death statistics. Here’s some real data & the impact of poor management by Governors under duress trying to score political points, eg locking down & restricting medical care in imprudent fashion:

A. Diabetes-related deaths up 96%
B. Heart disease up 89%
C. Alzheimers up 64%

Probably 35% of the 122k excess deaths were unrelated to C19. In other words C19 in totality caused about 80k deaths & 40k were exacerbated by bad public policies ie the lockdowns & hysteria generation. People didn’t just stop dying in March. They should have died at the regular old rate. Any excess was C19 related, but only 2/3 of that was due to the disease itself. The other 1/3 was self-inflicted and that’s being charitably low.

The facts don’t lie. Beware the narrative.

Deleted member 2897

Actually, most discussions you have with others does end the same. People point out how you're wrong and you get personal and start name calling. It's just a waste of time so excuse me if I'd rather find other discussions to partake in.

Also, way to change the subject that you didn't read the link. LOL.
I haven’t called anybody a name. Quit lying. You’re the one who says I’m stupid and can’t read.

You didn’t point out i was wrong (well, you tried). Also, you said I can’t read and am obstinate. I pointed you to the facts of the article to show it does not say what you asserted. Then you responded that the conversation was about something else, and that you’re done here and on an on. It’s the same thing with a handful of you guys pretty regularly. I show you how what you’re asserting is not true according to the article and the data there in, and you respond you were talking about something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It’s pretty well or maybe even universally misunderstood the excess death statistics. Here’s some real data & the impact of poor management by Governors under duress trying to score political points, eg locking down & restricting medical care in imprudent fashion:

A. Diabetes-related deaths up 96%
B. Heart disease up 89%
C. Alzheimers up 64%

Probably 35% of the 122k excess deaths were unrelated to C19. In other words C19 in totality caused about 80k deaths & 40k were exacerbated by bad public policies ie the lockdowns & hysteria generation. People didn’t just stop dying in March. They should have died at the regular old rate. Any excess was C19 related, but only 2/3 of that was due to the disease itself. The other 1/3 was self-inflicted and that’s being charitably low.

The facts don’t lie. Beware the narrative.

The reality is most of the data we have now won't be "scrubbed" for years, however, even if we know for certain (which we don't) that 35% are unrelated to Covid, there's still that 65% to contend with. Even that article hedges on the 35% " A new study has found that in the U.S., up to 35% of excess deaths during the early phase of the pandemic may not have been directly due to COVID-19."

That article also takes the other side that the numbers of deaths may be greater than what is reported:

Consequently, the effect of the pandemic on excess deaths — that is, the number of additional deaths beyond what experts expect of a country during a given time — may be greater than what experts have typically reported, particularly if those reports relied on deaths directly attributed to COVID-19.

Furthermore, in 14 states — including California and Texas, which have large populations — reports linked less than 50% of excess deaths directly to COVID-19.

For lead study author Prof. Steven Woolf, director emeritus of Virginia Commonwealth University’s Center on Society and Health in Richmond, this may mean that experts have underestimated the death toll of the pandemic.

According to Prof. Woolf: “There are several potential reasons for this under-count. Some of it may reflect under-reporting; it takes a while for some of these data to come in. Some cases might involve patients with COVID-19 who died from related complications, such as heart disease, and those complications may have been listed as the cause of death rather than COVID-19.

So in one article that says excessive deaths may be OVERstated, it also says excess deaths may be UNDERstated! And that's why we're all throwing tomatoes at each other...even the medical scientists don't have a full grasp on this yet. However, we all know Covid isn't helping anyone live longer lives if they catch it.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
So in one article that says excessive deaths may be OVERstated, it also says excess deaths may be UNDERstated! And that's why we're all throwing tomatoes at each other...even the medical scientists don't have a full grasp on this yet. However, we all know Covid isn't helping anyone live longer lives if they catch it.

Yes! Overstated and understated. A brand new theory. Meet in the middle?

Milwaukee

Banned
I've been taking zinc and vitamin D for 30 years

I started taking them daily 3 months ago when the data showed over 96% of the victims had extremely low levels of vit D and/or zinc.
Another thing our doctors/politicians should be ashamed of is NOBODY has said a damn word about how to fight this thing in a long term capacity like getting and staying healthy. Lose weight, eat healthy, stop pounding alcohol, get tons of daylight/vitD, workout, etc. to boost your overall health, that’s how your immune system swats this thing away like a fly. But I’ve said months ago VitD and zinc literally are the key to preventing this thing. It’s a little more complicated than that as the Zithromax and hydroxychloroquine (or something) are going to be needed for compromised patients that already have it.

I should write a book, I may be the smartest person in the world.

I started taking them daily 3 months ago when the data showed over 96% of the victims had extremely low levels of vit D and/or zinc.
Another thing our doctors/politicians should be ashamed of is NOBODY has said a damn word about how to fight this thing in a long term capacity like getting and staying healthy. Lose weight, eat healthy, stop pounding alcohol, get tons of daylight/vitD, workout, etc. to boost your overall health, that’s how your immune system swats this thing away like a fly. But I’ve said months ago VitD and zinc literally are the key to preventing this thing. It’s a little more complicated than that as the Zithromax and hydroxychloroquine (or something) are going to be needed for compromised patients that already have it.

Something else you should do if you haven't already done so is get a pneumonia shot. It won't prevent getting the virus, but it will protect you against the pneumonia that often develops in Covid patients.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

As someone who is still pretty fresh off of being positive for COVID and experiencing, at times, some pretty rough periods with it, I do credit my fitness and nutrition as the main things that helped me get through with it. I’ve been a competitive athlete in some form or fashion since childhood. As an adult (18 yo and on), I’ve been a competitive cross country runner, trained as a bodybuilder, then moved to competitive powerlifting and been doing that all the way to current age of 42 (competition has been put on hold, but still train as such). Nutrition and being active are a daily essential for me, and even during the week that my symptoms were at their height, I still made sure I did at least an hour of high level cardio, and even my lifting if energy levels allowed. It may be silly, but I’ve always attempted to still get my heart rate up and hit my workouts no matter how sick I get...I’ve also had swine flu in the past...very compromised immune system from pre-existing conditions...I catch everything. But rarely does anything truly take me out of my routine, and I personally attribute that to my philosophy of “keep moving, and picking up heavy s***”

As someone who is still pretty fresh off of being positive for COVID and experiencing, at times, some pretty rough periods with it, I do credit my fitness and nutrition as the main things that helped me get through with it. I’ve been a competitive athlete in some form or fashion since childhood. As an adult (18 yo and on), I’ve been a competitive cross country runner, trained as a bodybuilder, then moved to competitive powerlifting and been doing that all the way to current age of 42 (competition has been put on hold, but still train as such). Nutrition and being active are a daily essential for me, and even during the week that my symptoms were at their height, I still made sure I did at least an hour of high level cardio, and even my lifting if energy levels allowed. It may be silly, but I’ve always attempted to still get my heart rate up and hit my workouts no matter how sick I get...I’ve also had swine flu in the past...very compromised immune system from pre-existing conditions...I catch everything. But rarely does anything truly take me out of my routine, and I personally attribute that to my philosophy of “keep moving, and picking up heavy s***”
Good to know that you are ok now. Keep it up, my friend !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.