Conference Realignment

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The problem for Cal is the PAC-4 is dead after this season unless they can add 4 schools. That seems to be a stretch right now due to the lack of a TV deal and the exit fees MWC and AAC teams would have to pay to join the PAC-n. Joining the MWC is not much better in the short term than joining the ACC for zero. Cal has to be thinking out beyond the the next 4-5 years. But, debt can make for strange decisions.
In the PAC "Its they all get prettier at closing time".
But their prez will move on to another gig.

GT's old prez has already left us in same spot as Cal.

Our only hope is our new prez can dress us up so we look good at the next fruit basket turnover.

Gt football LEGENDS AND AWSRDS - hiesman throphy, dodd trophy, broyles trophy, homer rice trophy. Then perfect vacuum in gt prez leadership.
If Angel pulls this off and we survive, our location could make us a top program. He will need a statue.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
L
1692462131283.png
o L ook at me I'm making a FSU or I guess it could be a uga .

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
In the PAC "Its they all get prettier at closing time".
But their prez will move on to another gig.

GT's old prez has already left us in same spot as Cal.

Our only hope is our new prez can dress us up so we look good at the next fruit basket turnover.

Gt football LEGENDS AND AWSRDS - hiesman throphy, dodd trophy, broyles trophy, homer rice trophy. Then perfect vacuum in gt prez leadership.
If Angel pulls this off and we survive, our location could make us a top program. He will need a statue.
Our Prez put himself on the line, I'm betting he pulls it off, we're sitting on a gold mine that an academic can recognize. They understand what a BIG membership means in research sharing and the pockets of the GT faculty/researchers. There is way more at stake here than just FB revenue. This is all political just as the AAU is appearing to be IMO. I never thought I would see the day when academics drove the FB and athletic side. How we get out of the ACC so we can get there I ain't figured out yet but I'm guessing it happens somehow before 2036.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
I see that FSU's Drew Weatherford (BOT)was spreading their discontent with the ACC media deal on the SEC network's Paul Finebaum show yesterday (Friday). Apparently, they keep doing this to make the ACC look as unstable as possible. They have to know by now that no more money is coming from ESPN and likely none from the other members through unequal sharing.

I understand that they were previously censured by the ACC concerning the Women's soccer program. If that move has any teeth, I wish Jim Phillips would bring it for a vote. Their
Barking is further damaging all the other members.

As a minimum, I hope our commissioner will issue a statement concerning this continual harping about the Conference. FSU, submit your notice for 2025, so Jim Phillips can try to replace you.

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ok FSU and why do you think you need more money?
https://twitter.com/BarstoolWake

Most wins by ACC programs (last 5 years) 1. Clemson 60 2. Pitt 41 3. Wake 38 4. NCST 36 5. Miami 33 6. UNC 32 7. UVA 31 8. FSU 29 T9. VT 28 T9. Syracuse 28 T9. BC 28 T9. Louisville 28 13. Duke 27 14. GaTech 21

FSU takes tv money and matches w donations and tickets that are double.
CLEM is 3X. Gt is 1X

By wins and $ (sustainable)
FSU is no where near Clemson or Gt

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Probably planning to drop the ACC like a hot potato and blow everything wide open
More likely sloppy journalism.... but also a pretty sad indictment of the ACC’s status in the minds of media and fans.
I’m still not buying the notion that the ACC sucks out loud and ESPN can’t wait to get out. That’s a total fabrication by FSU fans and similar internet click bait types making their living on realignment conspiracies.
If it proves to be true I’ll eat my crow, but if it proves to be true, we will all be scrounging for a meal.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
More likely sloppy journalism.... but also a pretty sad indictment of the ACC’s status in the minds of media and fans.
I’m still not buying the notion that the ACC sucks out loud and ESPN can’t wait to get out. That’s a total fabrication by FSU fans and similar internet click bait types making their living on realignment conspiracies.
If it proves to be true I’ll eat my crow, but if it proves to be true, we will all be scrounging for a meal.
Your probably right, although a lot of the acc games That don’t involve fsu or clemson have pretty awful tv ratings, even a lot of ND games against ACC teams have lousy viewership.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I feel like every few weeks I type the same thing, which is the fact that there is so much smoke, manufactured or not, and so much turmoil and conjecture in the fan base, and the ACC has not acknowledged that they might have a slight PR problem, let alone putting forth a plan and a forceful response, is disappointing.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I feel like every few weeks I type the same thing, which is the fact that there is so much smoke, manufactured or not, and so much turmoil and conjecture in the fan base, and the ACC has not acknowledged that they might have a slight PR problem, let alone putting forth a plan and a forceful response, is disappointing.
The problem for the ACC is that they have only 3 teams in the Preseason Rankings. The SEC has 8 and the B1G has 5. There just isn't much oxygen for the ACC, media-wise.