Collins start recruiting Justin Fields.....

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I hope I am wrong. I really do, I just don't see him landing here as any sort of possibility. The kid could go to any P5 program he wants to. Why would he pick a team that hasn't cracked the top 25 in two years? I do get the Collins era hype but I really think it's going to be a few years of seeing his results on the field before we are considered a top contender for any transfers. The only thing we have going is ATL being home to Fields. But if the rumors of his parents being controlling are true, they aren't worried about him staying at home (if they were, he'd have never committed to Penn State). They want this kid to be the best in the nation and for him to go to the NFL. That means surrounding him with top talent on a team that is in the top ten year in and year out. I hope with CGC that this narrative applies to GT in the future but let's face it... currently that is not us. It sucks to say, though it is the truth.
I would think playing time may be a selling point wherever he winds up.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
SIAP as I didnt sift through all 10 pages...Still got some connections in the classic city. Fields looks set to go to Oklahoma or Ohio State although there us small banter that he may stay if not granted immediate eligibility. He is using the racial slur incident from the Sasser kid as grounds to play immediately. Will that pass? It very well could and they are pushing it big time. His dad Pablo is driving the bus.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Sure we should try recruiting him but I doubt if we have much of a chance. He and, his family, are going to be looking for the best supporting cast to put him in the NFL. And us being in transition would be too big a gamble.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Sure we should try recruiting him but I doubt if we have much of a chance. He and, his family, are going to be looking for the best supporting cast to put him in the NFL. And us being in transition would be too big a gamble.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

On the flip side, he could have a chance to lead the GT uprising and be the king of Atlanta for 3 years. If he balls out for us, he’ll be on NFL radar.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yup. He's following a few folks like Justin Fields, Aubrey Solomon, etc. on Twitter. Big uphill battles, but at least he's trying.
They both could come in and probably start right away. You would think that’s a good selling point, especially when you add the fact that they are both from Ga.

Deleted member 2897

They both could come in and probably start right away. You would think that’s a good selling point, especially when you add the fact that they are both from Ga.

IIRC we were one of Justin Fields’ earliest major offers. I would think if we offered that means he could gain admission. Many of these top guys are at the top because all they do is workout and their grades and test scores suffer.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins is doing more than following him on twitter. I’ve heard that he’s very very actively recruiting him. It’s long shot we get him. But let’s put our prayers together and hope for a Christmas / Chanukah / Kwanza / Festivus miracle.