Collins springs for Free pizza for da frats!

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s odd the Greek sector gets a bad rep for not showing up. Looking at the block attendance stats SGA got when I was in school, the lowest attended blocks were grad students, housing, and SHPE. Not to mention the general seating in the south end zone was empty more often than not.

It's definitely fluctuated. I know the year I graduated, they were doing something for the upcoming season where your fraternities attendance affected the location of your block. If your attendance was bad you'd get a worse location next year, so your whole fraternity needed to go to an assigned location vs just sending pledges to hold a location. Maximum points were given if you showed up before kick off and it kept going down the further after kickoff you showed up. Don't know how well that's worked out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It's definitely fluctuated. I know the year I graduated, they were doing something for the upcoming season where your fraternities attendance affected the location of your block. If your attendance was bad you'd get a worse location next year, so your whole fraternity needed to go to an assigned location vs just sending pledges to hold a location. Maximum points were given if you showed up before kick off and it kept going down the further after kickoff you showed up. Don't know how well that's worked out.
In my day, the fraternities had blocks in the lower east from roughly the 30 to the end zone. In addition to that there was the flash card section at midfield. Funny how those areas were never empty on game day.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
In my day, the fraternities had blocks in the lower east from roughly the 30 to the end zone. In addition to that there was the flash card section at midfield. Funny how those areas were never empty on game day.
When I was at GT (1962-1965), I never sat in a seat worse than the 45 yd line. The flash card section did not exist, and we sat in what would later become the flashcard section. Of course, I was always in the crowd yelling "open the damn gates", two hours before kickoff because seats were first come first served.. We truly loved the Jackets.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When I was at GT (1962-1965), I never sat in a seat worse than the 45 yd line. The flash card section did not exist, and we sat in what would later become the flashcard section. Of course, I was always in the crowd yelling "open the damn gates", two hours before kickoff because seats were first come first served.. We truly loved the Jackets.
Picked up right after u - got out in 69.
Games were great stress relievers and fun. Why I have donated since I left. Sure wasnt the shaft profs .

Baylor's new stadium has freshmen first come first serve - but they run diagonally across the field to get first 10 or so rows. Special guests get to lead them.

Students yelling for our guys right over the opponents is a good idea. Hope they do something to make it more fun for the students

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
because seats were first come first served.

Maybe we should go back to that! Create a blocks of seats reserved for students and make it first come first served. If big groups of students want to sit together they better all get there on time! Also, you can fill the areas that are more visible with students that actually care about showing up for the games on time and the ones that don't get stuck up in an overflow area on the upper deck.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we should go back to that! Create a blocks of seats reserved for students and make it first come first served. If big groups of students want to sit together they better all get there on time! Also, you can fill the areas that are more visible with students that actually care about showing up for the games on time and the ones that don't get stuck up in an overflow area on the upper deck.
Tstan wants to make the top 25 in NCAA student section. Not sure what that is?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I got sour news for ya.

They need to remove frat blocks and make them general (student) admission if the bros don't show up.

Have you seen the south end zone? General admission isn’t doing crap to get students in FOR FREE in the south end zone
Block seating exists as it will usually get people who reliably go to games in the closest seats to the field. Is there an issue with leaving early? Absolutely when it’s a blowout and a noon game. Better kickoffs will alleviate that but all that removing block seating will do is just get fraternities the front rows by showing up early due to lack of competition. Front row seats already exist and aren’t being used FOR FREE. Why would opening up other sections fix that

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like my time at Tech. Getting date tickets was the hardest ticket to get. We would send pledges over to the AA to stand in line for date tickets. Not many coeds

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck

I sat in flash cards my junior and senior years. Nothing but a bunch of drunk fraternity boys. But a rowdy crowd.

The swarm in the south endzone seems to be something we could encourage. Those guys enjoy the experience.