Collins report card after 2 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
How many games do you guys think Nick Saban would have won this year with this roster (catching up on the thread I see somebody has already made this point)? Our juniors and seniors simply don't have FBS-tier talent. Games are won in the trenches and you need every starting lineman to have 4 years of eating and lifting to compete at this level. That aspect of our game was completely ignored by a previously unnamed coach who favored fast, small, shifty linemen who could dive at defenders' legs.
Saban never won less than 6 games in his coaching career and he's one of the best of all time so im going to go out on a serious limb here and guess that he could probably win more than 3 games in his second year with almost any roster. These comparisons to the all time great coaches are foolish. Maybe let Collins accomplish some things before claiming that proven legendary coaches couldn't have possibly done better.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Here is your exact quote again.

It should have been picked last OR with 2-3 wins. My bad on the typo. Nowhere, however, have I seen a win total of zero, as you indicated more than one expert predicted. The biggest issue is that acting like 3 wins is such a big deal when experts picked us at 0-1 seems asinine. Most site had an over/under for GT at 2.5. Considering the game against Miami wouldn't likely produce win #4, I think the experts pretty much nailed the win total. Not being in last place is nice, but with three wins, where we finished is pretty pointless.

Jolly Good Fellow
How many of those points were the result of offensive turnovers? Did you also notice we are near the bottom in turnovers, largely because of a true freshman QB? The Syracuse game is the main example--the defense was playing on a short field due to turnovers. Against Pitt, the D was on the field for 38 minutes because the offense could not sustain drives.

Do you watch real football or just abstract a single stat that backs up your reason to not like this staff?
LOL!
Yup...you got me...I know nothing about football.....

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Five point scale
I thought about that, I didn't know that there was one. I don't recall that being the scale when I was at Tech. Not when my kids were in college.

Did they start handing out trophies for attending class and you get an F?

The five point scale I guess means nobody can join the square root club, not that anybody should want to.

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I thought about that, I didn't know that there was one. I don't recall that being the scale when I was at Tech. Not when my kids were in college.

Did they start handing out trophies for attending class and you get an F?

The five point scale I guess means nobody can join the square root club, not that anybody should want to.
If we’re using a Likert Scale, a 5 pt scale removes end point bias. I’m ok either way. I just used a 5 pt scale.

Deleted member 2897

It should have been picked last OR with 2-3 wins. My bad on the typo. Nowhere, however, have I seen a win total of zero, as you indicated more than one expert predicted. The biggest issue is that acting like 3 wins is such a big deal when experts picked us at 0-1 seems asinine. Most site had an over/under for GT at 2.5. Considering the game against Miami wouldn't likely produce win #4, I think the experts pretty much nailed the win total. Not being in last place is nice, but with three wins, where we finished is pretty pointless.

No, they were all wrong. They picked us to finish last, which implies 0 or 1 win. All the analysts I saw predicted just that. Nobody has ever finished dead last in the ACC with more wins than that. There are plenty of videos out there that show how we weren’t favored at a > 50% win percentage in a single game pre-season. IIWII. My beef isn’t with you by the way - you’re just reporting what those idiots predicted.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If that “critical thinking” isn’t accompanied by more wins soon, Coach Collins’ critical
thinking will need to shift to evaluation of other employment opportunities...

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
If that “critical thinking” isn’t accompanied by more wins soon, Coach Collins’ critical
thinking will need to shift to evaluation of other employment opportunities...
I think he would make someone a good defensive coordinator. Seriously I hope he's successful at Tech.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Back then I think we had an AD & administration that cares more about sports
It was a long time ago, but my impression, admittedly a outsider's shaky one, was that he was never accepted by a lot of people. He was the UGA defensive coordinator at one time for Coach Dooly. To tell you the truth, I did not care for him from the beginning myself. He did have some talented players, like Shawn Jones left over from the 1990 national championship team. It was one thing after another with those teams but they got straightened out pretty quick when O'Leary took over and cleaned house of players and coaches. Others with better memories can probably explain it better. IIWII

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
"...Defense: Less of a step up than I was expecting, but still an improvement....."

Opp Pts/G: 36.8 (113th of 127)

Are you on medication? ...almost 40 per game is an improvement?

All the arguments on this site about Paul's TO vs Geoff's "what-ever-it-is" and our defense is giving up 40 per game.... Do you folks ever watch, you know, real football?
Most people are discounting the aberration.

Status
Not open for further replies.