College World Series

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
If you're up 4 runs with only 6 outs left.. & it's 4-0... not 12-8... you feel like you are on command with lots of options.

UVA didn't "lose"... MSU "won". There is a difference. Give MSU credit for hitting HRS when they did. UVA (& staff) have nothing to be ashamed of... or 2nd guessed over.

NCST won a 1-0 game. Had Vandy hit a HR to tie or win.. folks would be 2nd guessing Avent. But zero folks are doing that.

Baseball is a MOTHER. Sometimes you are the bear & sometimes the bear eats you.
Credit MSU for having one really good inning. I agree w that. Credit MSU for their relievers coming in & shutting down UVA. However, from my view UVA “should have” won that game. I agree with the previous poster who said you could see in the sixth & seventh MSU starting to hit some balls hard. But who is going to pull a guy who hasn’t allowed a hit. All I’m wondering is if he had allowed a couple of hits and it was “easier” to pull him, maybe the outcome would have been different? Who knows?I really can’t question O’Connor for what he did given the situation he was in. He also may have had “inside knowledge” about his bullpen. Just (uselessly) speculating what might have happened

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do you paint the 'happy trees" representational stuff - landscapes and still lifes and the ilk? Or are you into abstract themes whether it be post-impressionism, cubism, the de stijl stuff, etc.? ;)

I wish I had the talent or insight. Just slapped paint on my daughter's new porch. They saved money by having my wife and I come up and work.

Back to baseball, Vandy starts by giving up an unearned run. Baseball.

Deleted member 2897

I wish I had the talent or insight. Just slapped paint on my daughter's new porch. They saved money by having my wife and I come up and work.

Back to baseball, Vandy starts by giving up an unearned run. Baseball.

I bet they won't give up as many as we did! (6 in 2 games.) Fun fact - we would have won both games based on earned runs allowed.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Yup, I was sort of watching. You could see the better contact. O'Connor is too good of a coach to do the slow hook in this type game.

Once the first HR happened, I just went outside and painted a bit cause I felt the karma change (not superstitious eh?). It was really more a case that Miss State just got hot and UVa couldn't stop them. Happens.
View attachment 10733
I did note the first batter of the inning for MSU. LEADOFF WALK!

MSU earned their way after that, but there is one thing that pitchers do in baseball that I can't stand, especially with a 4-0 lead.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Game is being delayed. Rocker back to the locker room for Vandy.
Uncertainty surrounds two NC St. players, 2B and their closer, Justice.