College World Series

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pretty useless graphic... but bottom line...
Baseball is pretty cool. No (conf) champs left (reg season or tournament); but the teams playing their best baseball.

Screenshot_20210622-175445_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210622-175233_Samsung Notes.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
Well it was Hoos yo’ Daddy. Then they did the no hook Hall routine. I think they know who their Daddy is now. Had this game in hand & royally crapped themselves.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Huh? No hook? Starter was relieved after 1 hit. Then a double & HR. (that was between 2 more pitchers).
He started to get pounded the previous inning but they were all long flies to OF. You could see it coming. High pitch count, pitcher tired and trying to get another inning out of him, I get the desire but in the CWS winning the first 2 games provides a massive advantage.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
He started to get pounded the previous inning but they were all long flies to OF. You could see it coming. High pitch count, pitcher tired and trying to get another inning out of him, I get the desire but in the CWS winning the first 2 games provides a massive advantage.
"You could see it coming"? I'll have to take your word for it since you mentioned it (here)... after the fact.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Yup, I was sort of watching. You could see the better contact. O'Connor is too good of a coach to do the slow hook in this type game.

Once the first HR happened, I just went outside and painted a bit cause I felt the karma change (not superstitious eh?). It was really more a case that Miss State just got hot and UVa couldn't stop them. Happens.
1624458213145.png

Deleted member 2897

Yup, I was sort of watching. You could see the better contact. O'Connor is too good of a coach to do the slow hook in this type game.

Once the first HR happened, I just went outside and painted a bit cause I felt the karma change (not superstitious eh?). It was really more a case that Miss State just got hot and UVa couldn't stop them. Happens.
View attachment 10733

HOLY ****! I saw Virginia out-hit them 12-6. I didn't realize that Mississippi State had 0 hits in 8 of the 9 innings, and were under a no-hitter until this 8th inning. Wow.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if UVA would not have been better off if one of those hard hit balls in the 6th or 7th would have dropped in for a hit. Then there would have been no pressure to leave him in because he had a no hitter. I dont know how that affected O'connor's thinking, but it had to have been part of the thought process. UVA also left a lot of people on base early on. They could have easily been up 6-0 or more.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if UVA would not have been better off if one of those hard hit balls in the 6th or 7th would have dropped in for a hit. Then there would have been no pressure to leave him in because he had a no hitter. I dont know how that affected O'connor's thinking, but it had to have been part of the thought process. UVA also left a lot of people on base early on. They could have easily been up 6-0 or more.
If you're up 4 runs with only 6 outs left.. & it's 4-0... not 12-8... you feel like you are on command with lots of options.

UVA didn't "lose"... MSU "won". There is a difference. Give MSU credit for hitting HRS when they did. UVA (& staff) have nothing to be ashamed of... or 2nd guessed over.

NCST won a 1-0 game. Had Vandy hit a HR to tie or win.. folks would be 2nd guessing Avent. But zero folks are doing that.

Baseball is a MOTHER. Sometimes you are the bear & sometimes the bear eats you.