College World Series

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
well crud all sec final

I’m going to have to pull for Vandy in the best 2 out of 3 finals, starting tomorrow.
The lesser of $ECrudmudgeon schools.
I’m going to have to pull for Vandy in the best 2 out of 3 finals, starting tomorrow.
The lesser of $ECrudmudgeon schools.
Is it best 2 out of 3? I thought it would be sudden death since they each have one loss. I am pulling for Vandy also.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is it best 2 out of 3? I thought it would be sudden death since they each have one loss. I am pulling for Vandy also.
It's 2 of 3. The format is basically 2 x 4-team double elimination tournaments to get to 2 "finalists"...

Not this year... but it is possible for a 3-0 team to meet a 4-1 team. Still best 2 of 3 wins title.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Vandy with a commanding 8-2 lead.
In a short series, game 1 is pivotal.

Fairly certain Rocker will go on Wednesday, if needed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Rocker got rocked. Wasn’t expecting dandy Vandy to surrender 22 runs in the last two games, particularly with the game 3 starter being Kumar Rocker.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Rocker got rocked. Wasn’t expecting dandy Vandy to surrender 22 runs in the last two games, particularly with the game 3 starter being Kumar Rocker.
But that’s baseball. I remember seeing Fernando Valenzuela pitch in Atlanta and coming in he had an ERA less than 1 and had been unbeatable. The Braves knocked him out of the game scoring multiple runs.

Every team, every player, eventually has a bad game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
But that’s baseball. I remember seeing Fernando Valenzuela pitch in Atlanta and coming in he had an ERA less than 1 and had been unbeatable. The Braves knocked him out of the game scoring multiple runs.

Every team, every player, eventually has a bad game.
I’m not debating, a pitcher being on or off or the way the ball bounces….
my comment revolved around giving arguably your #1 pitcher on 4 full days of rest, the mound for the rubber match of YOUR season. Nobody, I repeat nobody I know, could tell me the deciding two games, would yield 22 runs. Especially after Leiter & Bullpen pitched/faced those same hitters on Monday Night.