College Playoff Rankings

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting:

If ranked by the "old" BCS computers, Baylor and TCU would have been left out anyhow.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Still arguing over whether or not CFP did the right thing with top 4 and if it was dumb to move TCU from 3 to 6...

Not dumb. The CG's really should be considered as the 1st round of the playoffs. OSU passed the test in dominating fashion and deserve to be in.

That's what they get for not having a championship game

The message to the Big XII is clear. Better expand and get a CG. Stretching the schedule out is not going to do it. Let your 2 best teams play at the end of the season for consideration.

I also think the brackets are screwed up. It should be FSU/Ala in the Sugar and OSU/Ore in the Rose. This preserves traditional regional bowl affiliations and would make travel easier for the fans. Sending FSU to the left coast is BS, but they want an Ala/Ore CG badly it seems. I hope FSU wins it all - for our sake.

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I was just stating what commentators were saying instead of releasing other rankings. I wasnt saying that I was arguing that lol.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
The message to the Big XII is clear. Better expand and get a CG. Stretching the schedule out is not going to do it. Let your 2 best teams play at the end of the season for consideration.
I don't get this. The big XII is the only conference that does it right. They have each team play each other team in conference. No one can complain about this team avoiding another team etc. They all get a shot at each other. Also you can take co out of the championship for the big XII. Baylor beat TCU Baylor's the better team. The insanity of people claiming TCU is better than Baylor or that the Big XII is doing it wrong when every other conference is doing it wrong. I just don't get it. This is the exact reason why we got Alabama vs LSU in the National championship game.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
The big XII is the only conference that does it right. They have each team play each other team in conference. No one can complain about this team avoiding another team etc. They all get a shot at each other. Also you can take co out of the championship for the big XII. Baylor beat TCU Baylor's the better team. The insanity of people claiming TCU is better than Baylor or that the Big XII is doing it wrong when every other conference is doing it wrong.

I somewhat agree and don't agree. I like that all teams play each other. What I don't like is that there is no final championship game. In '09 Clempsun was thrilled to get another shot at us at the end of the season after losing a heartbreaker in Atlanta in September. As it turns out in that case, the outcome was the same. But do you think GT now is the same team we were back in Sept, or early Oct for that matter? I'd say we're better, and the championship game was our opportunity to prove it. I think GT did. OSU proved they were not the same team that lost to VPI. You say Baylor is beater than TCU based upon a game that was played in early October? Nah. Not biting. The world will never know who's better today, and the committee doesn't care either. Expand and get a CG or die!

Last edited:

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no problem with OSU ahead of either Big 12 team when confined to 4 choices. The problem isn't the Big 12 or their lack of a playoff game, it is that ALL conference champs don't get a shot.

Every entrant is a conference champ this year. There really can't be any serious complaints in that scenario. Somebody HAD to be left out. If we recovered the OS kick and kicked a FG to win the ACCCG, it would have been us left out.

iggymcfly

Georgia Tech Fan
TCU should at least get credit for a tie against Baylor. They have a 50/50 PI call go against them that would have turned the game on their last drive, and then they get called for PI on 3rd and long when there's no contact whatsoever. They 100% win that game if it's at a neutral site.