College football attendance continues to decline

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If Lucas Johnson doesn't get much playing time this year, he will be saying "bye" rather than "hi" but I get your overall point. The fact is that Cal vs Tech is not what comes to mind as a "name vs name" out of conference game. Personally, I would much prefer playing Auburn or Tennessee but that is just me.

I think everybody would like home and away vs aubie or Tennessee.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If Lucas Johnson doesn't get much playing time this year, he will be saying "bye" rather than "hi" but I get your overall point. The fact is that Cal vs Tech is not what comes to mind as a "name vs name" out of conference game. Personally, I would much prefer playing Auburn or Tennessee but that is just me.
I'd like to mix in Auburn or Tennessee or LSU -- no, not every year; maybe one of them -- and look to midwest and east for a game: Michigan or Penn State for example. Easy for me to say it, hard for anybody get it done, but I can dream.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I have both a philosophical and ethical objection to almost anything Florida. What I don't have is a rational objection. But doggone it, it is a sorry state.
I still like the idea of a GT home and home with Florida. Their fans are arseholes but they're not as bad as UGAG fans. Dan Mullen's recruiting at Florida for 2019 hasn't been good and their class so far is ranked 30th. Florida is going to be down for a while to come.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Check out this link. It would appear that Cal probably had the original version, but the time of origin of both songs was pretty close. Since the Montana song has very forced meter in the lyrics, I don't put much stock in their claims at all.
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2010/7/13/1485515/fight-song-history-origins-of-up

Yeah, I think the Stanford Jonah best explains both White and Gold and Montana. Navy probably got their version thru Montana.