Big 12 56,852 57,531 -678 -1.12 percent

Pac 12 49,601 50,073 -472 -0.09 percent

Big Ten 66,227 66,151 76 0.01 percent

Link
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/02/college_football_attendance_do.html

GEORGIA TECH
2017 - 46,885
2016 - 47,503

That is a diff of 618... if we hosted the Tenn game at Bobby Dodd we would have had 55K show up... we would have avg $48K and that would have been an increase of 500.... I am interested in seeing how season tickets sales turn out with the new DC.

slugboy

Staff member
Just add 2" to the width of each seat.

I’m not sure if this is serious, but a lot of comfort improvements would end up taking out seats. I don’t like having someone halfway into my seat because there’s just no room. Even standing through the game, it takes fun out of the experience for me and my family

I’d love some flexible seating, so we could have 46k seats for Duke and 60k+ for Clemson, but there’s no way to be that flexible, unless we had some crazy open areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm guilty of contributing to it. After holding season tickets for 18 years even though I lived 3 hours away from BDS, I just got tired of the whole game day experience and gave up my seats. So many noon kickoffs & Thursday games in the past few years - for TV. So I quit fighting them and bought a huge TV with the money I would have spent on season tickets. 6 hours of driving, a tank of gas, $30 to park, uncomfortable bench seat in a season ticket-holder section where I was surrounded by opposing fans every game, missing every other game that day, can't get there in time for a decent tailgate experience, Thursday games require taking a day of vacation to attend, etc. Call me a whiner or a bad fan...I don't care. As I approach 60 it's just not worth it to get to the games in person anymore.
I put 60 in my rearview mirror a few years ago. Believe me it doesn't get any easier even though I live around 7 miles from BDS. Main complaint, the schedule.Drop all FCS teams, replace with home & away games with tough teams that people actually want to go and see. Sure Tech might not win as many games, but what the hell, it's competition we could get excited about!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I put 60 in my rearview mirror a few years ago. Believe me it doesn't get any easier even though I live around 7 miles from BDS. Main complaint, the schedule.Drop all FCS teams, replace with home & away games with tough teams that people actually want to go and see. Sure Tech might not win as many games, but what the hell, it's competition we could get excited about!
We are 60 plus 10 and drive 5 hours - would love one better game , but sadly we are out numbered. We drop one cream puff and add teams like u of houston and smu (dallas) to aid in recruiting.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I think we have a hard time finding ooc Pwr5 teams willing to play us home and away.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we have a hard time finding ooc Pwr5 teams willing to play us home and away.
What would be you're thinking on that? Just to use , say South Carolina as an example, you don't think they would be interested in playing in Atlanta with Tech coming to Columbia the next year?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What would be you're thinking on that? Just to use , say South Carolina as an example, you don't think they would be interested in playing in Atlanta with Tech coming to Columbia the next year?

I don't know, but I've heard each of last 3 ADs say it.

Apparently, Teams don't want to invest on D to play against our O once in the year.

Maybe somebody can ask TStan to get Army and Navy to make scheduling deals with us so that a Pwr5 team that plays us will also play either Army or Navy the same year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Oh, don’t you know? EVERY big time program in the country is afraid to death of our O.

Beyond that, your suggestion makes too much sense. Tech Men are so smart that we can’t get out of the rain. We would rather sit in it catching a death of pneumonia, trying to figure out if it truly is 2 H & 1 O.

Besides, since we seem to be content recruiting against Elon, gsu x2, Samford, scsu , mercer - there are many who would rather anticipate those contests.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Oh, don’t you know? EVERY big time program in the country is afraid to death of our O.

Beyond that, your suggestion makes too much sense. Tech Men are so smart that we can’t get out of the rain. We would rather sit in it catching a death of pneumonia, trying to figure out if it truly is 2 H & 1 O.

Besides, since we seem to be content recruiting against Elon, gsu x2, Samford, scsu , mercer - there are many who would rather anticipate those contests.

Why are you so angry?

It may be time that someone other than your ex-wife and estranged children tells you that alcohol is not your friend.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know, but I've heard each of last 3 ADs say it.

Apparently, Teams don't want to invest on D to play against our O once in the year.

Maybe somebody can ask TStan to get Army and Navy to make scheduling deals with us so that a Pwr5 team that plays us will also play either Army or Navy the same year.
Yes AE, I've heard that reason before and it does make some sense Didn't the Tennessee people say that they spent most of their summer last year developing defenses for the TO. So as good as some Tech fans think the TO is,it does limit the kind of teams that we would like to play.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yes AE, I've heard that reason before and it does make some sense Didn't the Tennessee people say that they spent most of their summer last year developing defenses for the TO. So as good as some Tech fans think the TO is,it does limit the kind of teams that we would like to play.

We play in a pwr5 conf with teams like CU FSU vpi and d'ohU, and we play georgie every year.

I'd rather have an O that gives us a shot than to be vandy or kentucky with no problem scheduling.

Milwaukee

Banned
Why are you so angry?

It may be time that someone other than your ex-wife and estranged children tells you that alcohol is not your friend.

giphy (71).gif

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
South Carolina,Ole Miss or Mississippi State would be three very good additions to the GT football schedule;)

South Carolina was supposed to be on the schedule, but both sides backed out http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/05/...cancel-2021-22-home-and-home-football-series/

Ole Miss is on the schedule currently in 2022 and 2023, although I see this benefitting them more than us. They get a lot more players out of GA than we do out of MS. But I'm all for bigger matchups.

I get the feeling its going to be harder to get P5 games with ND on the schedule once every 3 years. Plus teams don't see enough benefit preparing for us vs. increased exposure in GA.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
South Carolina was supposed to be on the schedule, but both sides backed out http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/05/...cancel-2021-22-home-and-home-football-series/

Ole Miss is on the schedule currently in 2022 and 2023, although I see this benefitting them more than us. They get a lot more players out of GA than we do out of MS. But I'm all for bigger matchups.

I get the feeling its going to be harder to get P5 games with ND on the schedule once every 3 years. Plus teams don't see enough benefit preparing for us vs. increased exposure in GA.
I think we should try some B1G and Big12 home and homes. Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kansas St, Texas tech.

I think those would be fun