Film Room COFH w/ GT Radio

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
@BobintheATL99

OK, this is awesome Bob, Rob, whatever you prefer!

First time I've heard the GT Radio call all the way thru. Amazing that Roddy said 18 seconds left ... 35 yard line ... 52 yard FG, right after georgie scored.

If you fix the video for the start of the 2nd half, leave the end of the game with crowd/team shots etc and no audio. That was awesome. atah ha-eesh

Will do. I was kicking around the idea of splicing back in CPJ and his interview, but if you think it better the way it is, I will leave it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@BobintheATL99

OK, this is awesome Bob, Rob, whatever you prefer!

First time I've heard the GT Radio call all the way thru. Amazing that Roddy said 18 seconds left ... 35 yard line ... 52 yard FG, right after georgie scored.

If you fix the video for the start of the 2nd half, leave the end of the game with crowd/team shots etc and no audio. That was awesome. atah ha-eesh
I just went back and watched the end of the game to hear Roddy's comments, he sounds like Nostradamus. And then right after we score the go ahead td in overtime he says "what would be big right now is for the defense to force a turnover..." Wow!

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I just went back and watched the end of the game to hear Roddy's comments, he sounds like Nostradamus. And then right after we score the go ahead td in overtime he says "what would be big right now is for the defense to force a turnover..." Wow!

It was an incredible incredible games. I am bummed Roddy moved on, but hopefully he'll be back again.

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
Great work Bob. I heard a little of their broadcast live, but this is the first I've heard it all the way through. Brandon's call after a JT run in first half was great..."He made chicken salad out of chicken you know what on that run!"

All of the Georgia folks complained about the squib, but I found it interesting that Roddy called it beforehand saying it was the smart move to keep it out of the playmaker's hands even though it does give better field position. Did the guys from the UGA broadcast say anything before the kick or was it just butthurt afterwards? Still hard to believe #26 held onto that td pass and the end of regulation. Chris Milton laid him out right after the catch.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Great work Bob. I heard a little of their broadcast live, but this is the first I've heard it all the way through. Brandon's call after a JT run in first half was great..."He made chicken salad out of chicken you know what on that run!"

All of the Georgia folks complained about the squib, but I found it interesting that Roddy called it beforehand saying it was the smart move to keep it out of the playmaker's hands even though it does give better field position. Did the guys from the UGA broadcast say anything before the kick or was it just butthurt afterwards? Still hard to believe #26 held onto that td pass and the end of regulation. Chris Milton laid him out right after the catch.

Here is the last 22 with UGA announcers:

It's pretty funny...

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
never gets old. i hate those announcers. talk about pandering to their audience, I'm not sure if they are stupid or intentionally stupid, but they're definitely stupid and unprofessional.

Agreed. The lead voice is trying so desperately to be Larry Munsen II that he frequently loses down and distance and occasionally what the play was... The color guy is so over technical (Eric Zeier??). It's silly to be talking Cover 2 shells when you don't know down and distance. Chuck DOW-dle will chase Richt down anywhere... The 2013 USC game right before the halftime show, he was chasing Richt... it sounded like he was running a 50 yard dash with the microphone in a paper bag full of hammers.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
dowdle is the worst. what a clown. zeier's voice is like nails on a chalkboard and scott's voice has gotten gravelly-er and gravelly-er trying too hard to be munson.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So this morning, I get "the voice" from my wife. "You act like you have never seen this".

Can you feel my pain? What can I say? She doesn't get it. I think I need for her to spend a little quality time with Mrs. DR. Jacket, so she can see the light. Buzz4prez, can you help? Anybody?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So this morning, I get "the voice" from my wife. "You act like you have never seen this".

Can you feel my pain? What can I say? She doesn't get it. I think I need for her to spend a little quality time with Mrs. DR. Jacket, so she can see the light. Buzz4prez, can you help? Anybody?
I just get the incredulous head shake/eye roll at this point.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Does she understand how large your cult following is though? At least you're contributing to bettering mankind. I'm just a remora.
INfamous... INfamous.

Were you to meet me in person, you'd figure out I'm just a dude. Likely a remora much like yourself. I have a day job in Risk Management, and this is one of a few side hobbies. My wife and my babies often delay me getting to this stuff.

I'm in section 225 row 8 if anyone wants to come chat.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If you listen around the 3:10 after the TD somebody in the background yells "we run this state", but the best is after the kick CMR is whining to the ref to throw a flag because the players came on the field. I guess he knew he couldn't trust his team in OT.