Cochran playing for GT in 2021 season

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Given Cochran gets back to where he was in 2019 at Vandy, he stays at LT. Quinney would slide over to RT, Johnson stays at LG, Pendlay to RG? Kind of had a revolving door at C last year, depends on who wins that spot, but the OL looks to be significantly improved and much deeper next year.
I don't think Williams gives up the RT position that easily. He learned a lot and looked pretty solid there at times this year. Competition is king though.

This is huge.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow, talk about a crazy offseason that's going to lead to a BIG impact in 2021:

Potential NFL players:
OT Devin Cochran
DE Keion White

4 Star Transfers:
DE Kevin Harris
DB Kenyatta Watson

Potential Starters:
DT Makius Scott
OL Nick Pendley

Returning Starters:
OL Ryan Johnson
DB Tariq Carpenter (LB :))

I actually had a thought about Cochran returning to college football the other day to get some game film for the NFL. This is great considering what we have returning on the OL, and the younger guys who got to develop.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Williams gives up the RT position that easily. He learned a lot and looked pretty solid there at times this year. Competition is king though.

This is huge.
Williams is still young though, and had several procedure penalties last year. Quinney will be a 6th year senior, and he and Johnson were the 2 best linemen last year. If Williams beats Quinney out of the RT spot it would come as a shock to me. The right side of the line was obviously much weaker than the left side.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I promise you, if Cochran is healthy, he's starting next season:

123. GEORGIA TECH

True freshman quarterback Jeff Sims invites in his fair share of pressure when he shouldn’t, but the offensive line as a whole is doing him no favors. Even when the Yellow Jackets have faced a subpar ACC pass-rush this season, the offensive line has put together a poor performance. All five linemen with at least 100 snaps this season have allowed double-digit pressures, and every single one has a PFF grade below 55.0.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This is fantastic news!! We will have an extremely experienced and senior laden OL next year. So the starters next year will probably be Cochran LT, Quinney/Williams LG, Minihan/Vaipulu C, Johnson RG, and Williams/Quinney RT. Then you have Franklin, Spiers, Pendley, Cooper, Clark, Maye, and Smith as the backups. That is a hell of an OL and it gives all of the freshmen another year in S&C which will be vital for our future.
I'm not sure all of those you mention will be here in the fall, I'm speaking of some of those out of the old system may get their degrees and move on.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I promise you, if Cochran is healthy, he's starting next season:

123. GEORGIA TECH

True freshman quarterback Jeff Sims invites in his fair share of pressure when he shouldn’t, but the offensive line as a whole is doing him no favors. Even when the Yellow Jackets have faced a subpar ACC pass-rush this season, the offensive line has put together a poor performance. All five linemen with at least 100 snaps this season have allowed double-digit pressures, and every single one has a PFF grade below 55.0.
Wow, we were worst than I thought on the offensive line. Well, we improved a few spots from last years offensive line ranking lol

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would Quinney move on? He will be a 5th year senior next year and was our best lineman this year imo. I feel like he is better suited for RT or LG though than LT.
Because he graduated? He may not want to come back if he is a back up.

slugboy

Staff member
Why would Quinney move on? He will be a 5th year senior next year and was our best lineman this year imo. I feel like he is better suited for RT or LG though than LT.
Adding to that: Quinney was player of the week a couple of weeks ago. We cross train our offensive linemen. Minihan played center for a while. I don't think Quinney is getting sent out to pasture.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This is fantastic news!! We will have an extremely experienced and senior laden OL next year. So the starters next year will probably be Cochran LT, Quinney/Williams LG, Minihan/Vaipulu C, Johnson RG, and Williams/Quinney RT. Then you have Franklin, Spiers, Pendley, Cooper, Clark, Maye, and Smith as the backups. That is a hell of an OL and it gives all of the freshmen another year in S&C which will be vital for our future.
Alright! Looking forward to not hearing excuses that we don't have a line with P5 offers

Really excited to see Gibbs and Sims behind this line.