Coastal Carolina

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BTW, anyone else notice that we swept the #15 team and UGAg got swept by Vandy to go below 500 on the year? (y) That is the definition of a good weekend. Given our lack of pitching depth, I don't get too excited about mid-week games and it seems most commentators don't either.

From D1 below ... I think this is right ..... but going further I still think we need to make ACC tourney to get any NCAA bid. For hosting, well that is a stretch goal. Ask me after Miami and UVa. Last weekend our ERA was pretty good (was 3.0 average for three games and 1.88 without Pitts ER). Gold got a really great write up by scouts at the Friday game.

"Georgia Tech
I still remember in the fall when Danny Hall said he was cautiously optimistic about his Yellow Jackets. Well, Tech has had its fair share of bumpy moments this season, but this club appears to be coming together over the past couple of weeks, taking a series at Clemson two weekends ago before sweeping surging Coastal Carolina at home this past weekend.

With the series sweep, the Jackets have now won six of their last eight contests, while also seeing their RPI jump up to 18. The Jackets, I believe, do get into the hosting discussion with the impressive showing against the Chanticleers, but must take care of business in conference the rest of the way to get solidly in consideration. After all, GT is still .500 in the ACC. That won’t cut it, but this team is getting better and better."

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
According to ACC.Com, UVA has a 15-10 conference record in 24 games played. Any ideas on how we can accomplish this unusual feat?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Hire UGa grads to keep our stats?

410729.gif