Coastal Carolina

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
While we're waiting to see if this game resumes....just a comment that Jake Lee had an outstanding outing today. Not sure the last time we won a game with 4 runs or help an opponent to 2 without Gold or our injured pitchers ....

Also, it was encouraging to see Zac Ryan pitch two scoreless innings in Game 2 to get the win. His command of his fast ball was still pretty shaky though.....I thought CC bailed him out some. But still, two good outings from a FROSH and a guy who had list it really helped.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If the game is called off, don't we get the win still ?

We should, yes. In fact, even if the game resumes, they will have to complete the 8th for us to not get the win. If Coastal scored 3 to take the lead but then hit the time limit before we completed the bottom of the 8th, their runs come off the board and there would only be 7 official innings.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That helps a ton. But mostly getting some good pitching helped my fan morale. Taking Game 2 was totally gutsy. Very resilient team!

Got back from a beer festival. When I left after 8 (my wife was saying we go separate if I didn't come then), I had pretty much resigned myself to a rubber match later game. Tremendous feeling checking the score. Made the beer / hard cider that much better.

We should have a weekend rotation now. Gold for sure, then 2 of Lee / Dulaney / Parr. Dulaney may the odd one out if he is getting groomed as middle reliever / closer.

Stats:
Gold 1 ER in 8.0 IP. 114/77 for 68% strikes
Dulaney (2 games) 0 ER in 2.0 IP. 21/30 for 70% strikes
Pitts 5 ER in 3.1 IP. 74/43 for 58% strikes
Parr 2 ER in 3.2 IP. 72/42 for 58% strikes
Zac 0 ER in 2.0 IP. 20/10 for 50% strikes
Lee 2 ER in 6.0 IP. 77/50 for 63% strikes.

I bolded the FR. Not that we should be pitching FR more ....... :rolleyes:

This wasn't a Miami or UVa caliber team, but they were 15th for good reason. Winning 18 of their last 20 and then getting swept has to turn some heads. But it doesn't matter for us getting into the ACC tourney. Still 10-10 with Miami and @UVa. But that is next week's problem.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Got back from a beer festival. When I left after 8 (my wife was saying we go separate if I didn't come then), I had pretty much resigned myself to a rubber match later game. Tremendous feeling checking the score. Made the beer / hard cider that much better.

We should have a weekend rotation now. Gold for sure, then 2 of Lee / Dulaney / Parr. Dulaney may the odd one out if he is getting groomed as middle reliever / closer.

Stats:
Gold 1 ER in 8.0 IP. 114/77 for 68% strikes
Dulaney (2 games) 0 ER in 2.0 IP. 21z/30 for 70% strikes
Pitts 5 ER in 3.1 IP. 74/43 for 58% strikzaes
Parr 2 ER in 3.2 IP. 72/42 for 58% strikes
Zac 0 ER in 2.0 IP. 20/10 for 50% strikes
Lee 2 ER in 6.0 IP. 77/50 for 63% strikes.

I bolded the FR. Not that we should be pitching FR more ....... :rolleyes:

This wasn't a Miami or UVa caliber team, but they were 15th for good reason. Winning 18 of their last 20 and then getting swept has to turn some heads. But it doesn't matter for us getting into the ACC tourney. Still 10-10 with Miami and @UVa. But that is next week's problem.

With all the distractions with the weather in our wins, I hope this has got to keep our guys focus with Miami coming to the Rusty-C. Like CC, Miami is no joke either. Hope we can get a good feeling workout against Savannah St. before Tha U. and going on road to at "Zima Nation" who plays at Liberty before us. Let's see what we have in the tank..

65Jacket

GT Athlete
With all the distractions with the weather in our wins, I hope this has got to keep our guys focus with Miami coming to the Rusty-C. Like CC, Miami is no joke either. Hope we can get a good feeling workout against Savannah St. before Tha U. and going on road to at "Zima Nation" who plays at Liberty before us. Let's see what we have in the tank..
What are you talking about with Savannah State? We don't play a game against anyone until Saturday vs Miami.