Coastal Carolina

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Lightning lighting up the midtown Atlanta skies (
1f4f7.png
Andy Blanton)
ChU9W_wU4AA5KE5.jpg

That's what I call throwing a strike. WOW !

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, if the games do get played, I am assuming both will be 7 inning games. All pitchers should be available minus Gold and Pitts. Shortened games will likely result in a quicker hook on pitchers.

From the announcement it sounded like the first game was 9 innings and the second was optional; agree the second will be 7 .... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/043016aab.html

As far as the first game, who does Hall put in? 5-2 lead, T4, 1 out bases loaded (Justus error, walk and single) with a 3-1 count? Too early for Gorst if it's 9 but maybe not 7 inning game, so I'd guess Parr. Give up the walk rather than a hit and start over fresh...... I would rather be in our spot right now, but it feels like an almost tied game. Like a season ending series cliff hanger, God chose a good time last night to stop the game.

UVa won two from Pitt yesterday. From D1 (http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/ten-thoughts-april-30/ )
"Just three weeks ago, Virginia was looking like a shaky bubble team, with three straight series losses to Louisville, NC State and Boston College. But in the three weeks since, the Cavaliers have righted the ship, winning series against North Carolina, at Miami, and now at Pittsburgh. Virginia swept a doubleheader against the Panthers on Saturday, winning the first game 5-1 and the second game 7-6. The opener featured one of the marquee pitching matchups of the weekend between potential first-round picks Connor Jones and T.J. Zeuch. ........

We talked about Virginia’s stealthily improving hosting chances in last week’s committee podcast, and its case looks even better now. The Cavs are up to 13-10 in the ACC Coastal (alone in second place in the division behind Miami), and their RPI is up to No. 17."

With CC this weekend, Miami and @UVa, we certainly control our own destiny for hosting. I don't like our chances given starting pitching for us after Gold, but pitchers have to get better sometime to be great and I think our Fr will give us lots of great starters over the next two years. I wish I could watch Lee today but have to go to a beer festival ......

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pitts "only" gave up 4ER in 3.1 innings. The Justus error really hurt to put the lead off on.

Parr not throwing strikes. 21 with only 8 strikes. Needed better. But he has time to get better for next year.

Catch CC trying to steal - Bart is pretty fricking awesome. CC has like 72 steals this year (played some weak teams though).

We have 5 innings to make up 2 runs. We can do this. :cautious:

Update:
  • Stallings gets infield single to lead off against new pitcher. Reliever is a stud - 7-1 record. B5.
  • Then ground out by Peurifoy to advance Stallings to second.
  • Justus ground out to 1st and Stallings goes to third.
  • Hall then flys out.
  • Now 4 innings to make up 2 runs. Hope Parr finds the strike zone more.

Last edited: