Coaching revolving door in motion

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Firing all these coaches 3 days before early signing period is dangerous for them. Illinois, Arizona, Auburn.. they better hit grandslams or be hurting fit a few years

Deleted member 2897

Again, if anybody wonders why most of the SEC schools are rated so horrifically low academically, it’s because they are football factories - not degree factories.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Monken listed as a strong candidate for both Vandy and Illinois. Will be interesting to see if the 3O makes it way back into the P5.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Would be a homerun hire for Vandy. I'm pretty sure lots of SEC coaches are dreading this hire for Vandy...which means it's a good hire for them!

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Would be a homerun hire for Vandy. I'm pretty sure lots of SEC coaches are dreading this hire for Vandy...which means it's a good hire for them!

Illinois is Jeff’s dream job. He’s from Peoria and his parents still live in the state. Will be interesting to see if the somewhat unexpected firing of Lovie gives Jeff pause about Vandy.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Illinois is Jeff’s dream job. He’s from Peoria and his parents still live in the state. Will be interesting to see if the somewhat unexpected firing of Lovie gives Jeff pause about Vandy.

Also, if he plans to run a version of the flexbone at either of these schools, I believe his ability to compete and win in the Big 10* has a higher ceiling than in the SEC. Also, the support for college football at Illinois is probably head and shoulders above the support he would get at Vandy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Also, if he plans to run a version of the flexbone at either of these schools, I believe his ability to compete and win in the Big 10* has a higher ceiling than in the SEC. Also, the support for college football at Illinois is probably head and shoulders above the support he would get at Vandy.

Outside of Ohio State, which has a MASSIVE talent edge over 99% of college football teams, I don't see many teams in the B1G Monken couldn't eventually have a good shot at winning on any given Saturday. That would be a good get for Illinois, and I wouldn't doubt he gets them to a bowl game his first year. Unlike Vandy, Illinois has better recruiting box in terms or entrance requirements.

Will be interesting...I think Monken will have some tough decisions to make this next couple of weeks.