Coaching revolving door in motion

slugboy

Staff member
The circle of coaching brings us back to where we started—Auburn—well, actually Tennessee by way of Auburn, but there’s all sorts of Auburn shrapnel all over the place:
  • with ex-Auburn DC and guy that got Malzahn fired so he could be head coach,
  • but then wasn’t head coach because the AD did due diligence ,
  • and is now suddenly a “defensive consultant” at Tennessee where seemingly all the coaches are defensive coaches
  • and their offense was terrible, but they haven’t brought in any offensive consultants
  • and rumors are flying that Pruitt is going to get fired if they find cause
  • plus, there’s an investigation into the program now
  • and their best player just transferred
Anyway, witty point of view at https://www.bannersociety.com/2021/...fb-2021-ncaa-auburn-phil-fulmer-jeremy-pruitt

Hmm. This is less of a “see you out the door” and more of a “drop you out the bomb bay door”.

psycho dinner party GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The #get-bak! coach don't gotta make sense. He's just gotta keep you clowns in your lanes.

:cool:
That was exactly my point!

And for what it’s worth, I spent three weeks sedated on fentanyl...so on all those many instances when you don’t make any sense, you make perfect sense to me. 🤪

Deleted member 2897

That’s a damn good hire, pretty scary actually. They have resources and he’s a great coach.

$30m to Gus Malzahn between buyout and new contract. UCF has like 3x the alumni base we have. They’re basically $EC money, $EC academics for athletes, but just not in the conference. Plus, they’ve won more unrecognized national championships than anybody else.