Coaching Carousel

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't you want to wait to see what he can do without Dabo's recruits?
Yes, I would like to but if he ends up being great without them it will be too late for us to jump in, he will go to a bigger school. We need to take some risk when hiring because we aren't a big job that can go after proven guys.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The problem with up and comers: They either use you for a stepping stone or they turn out like Bill Lewis or Muschanp. I would love to get a fairly young coach that would stay here for life, but we tried that with Hewitt.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Franklin to PSU is official.

Wonder if Vandy goes after Morris.

I know three Clemson boosters fairly well, two of them told me that they think Morris is going to be the leading candidate to replace Franklin. All three told me they were ready to make Morris the highest paid assistant in CFB in order for him to stay.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yes, I would like to but if he ends up being great without them it will be too late for us to jump in, he will go to a bigger school. We need to take some risk when hiring because we aren't a big job that can go after proven guys.

Nah, he can learn on someone else's dime. If he succeeds there'd be no reason for him to stay here.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got an ESPN alert on my phone that said Franklin to be hired by Penn State. Anyone heard if that's confirmed? If so, time to go steal a few recruits!!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Surprised they would not look in the Southeastern Conference for someone like Kirby Smart or Mike BoBo. I'm sure Mason will do a good job but his learning curve and network on the recruiting front will take years to build.

Go Jackets!

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Guess James Franklin will have to come up with a new sales pitch for the recuits at PSU. While at Vandy he told the prospects "there are only three levels of football...the NFC, the AFC and the SEC. Then there's everybody else" (I am paraphrasing) How is that going to sound with prospects in Happy Valley since he didn't give much value to B1G???

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Guess James Franklin will have to come up with a new sales pitch for the recuits at PSU. While at Vandy he told the prospects "there are only three levels of football...the NFC, the AFC and the SEC. Then there's everybody else" (I am paraphrasing) How is that going to sound with prospects in Happy Valley since he didn't give much value to B1G???
Oh I'm sure he will spin it something like that except insert B1G where he had SEC before.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

He also said last minute recruits who de-committed from Vandy last year were "not men of honor". His explanation for those comments are pretty ironic right now given what transpired with PSU:

http://mrsec.com/2012/02/vus-franklin-backtracks-from-men-of-honor-comments/