Coaching Carousel 8 - Teamwork means never taking all the blame yourself

slugboy

Staff member

Chair on fire...
  • Josh Pastner (Georgia Tech)
    • We’re back on the roller coaster with Pastner and Georgia Tech this year. Things cooled off after the NCAA Tournament appearance in 2021, but another ACC basement finish last year (12-20, 5-15) has the 7th-year head coach right back on the hot seat. There is a new AD in place (J Blatt from Alabama) who decided to stick with the internal, interim option in his first major coaching search. Pastner’s new contract runs through the 2025-26 season. UPDATE: GT is 12-17 (5-14) and ahead of only ND and Louisville at the bottom of the ACC.
Who is “we” there? The writer doesn’t even have their name on the site.

Why is that opinion worth more than any other in this thread?

slugboy

Staff member
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

And an earlier one, for some people
1677862955368.png

bnrDB.gif
LikableWideeyedHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dude is toast. If allegations are true, good luck getting anyone decent to play for this guy.

There were rumors earlier this season, when Texas Tech was struggling, he was rapidly getting on the hot seat. Now he seems to have given them an out to part ways, some way or another.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope they don't try to say the student was against the scripture, per se. Seems to me he used scripture as a weapon and is now tryna cloak himself in the Bible to avoid consequences.

Slippery slope I'm on, I realize. Just how I see it.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope they don't try to say the student was against the scripture, per se. Seems to me he used scripture as a weapon and is now tryna cloak himself in the Bible to avoid consequences.

Slippery slope I'm on, I realize. Just how I see it.
What did he say?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I won't post all of the tweets, but Amir Abdur Rahim is getting a lot of Twitter love right now from the national pundits after building the program up from 1-28 to their first ever dance bid in 4 years.

Whether this year or next or whenever, he should be a candidate for GT unless better opportunities come calling.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What did he say?

Texas Tech men's basketball coach Mark Adams has been suspended after referencing "slaves serving their masters" during a coaching session, the university said.

Apparently, per the article, he's had a couple other questionable occurrences. But, as has been said, this smells a bit like TxTech probably wanting to get rid of him because of their middling results. This gives them a way to do so without paying.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I won't post all of the tweets, but Amir Abdur Rahim is getting a lot of Twitter love right now from the national pundits after building the program up from 1-28 to their first ever dance bid in 4 years.

Whether this year or next or whenever, he should be a candidate for GT unless better opportunities come calling.

.... why not?

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha, yes he said that. I'm waiting for all the old guys to file in to tell us, "My coach spit on me all tha time. Whas tha big deal with these snowflakes?"
I find it really hard to believe someone would hock a loogie on someone and claim they can do so whenever they want.
I can imagine a coach in someone’s face and then incidentally spitting on them and shutting them down if they complained.
Obviously it the former then really ****ed up. If the latter then I can imagine a few old timers claiming the same.
Maybe this is why CJP wore that face mask.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I find it really hard to believe someone would hock a loogie on someone and claim they can do so whenever they want.
I can imagine a coach in someone’s face and then incidentally spitting on them and shutting them down if they complained.
Obviously it the former then really ****ed up. If the latter then I can imagine a few old timers claiming the same.
Maybe this is why CJP wore that face mask.

No, from the article, it was the second scenario. He was sick or something and spit got on someone when he yelled.

Still not a good response, either way.