Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
His first job is going to be to convince Neath and Sarr to come back and keep Mucius onboard.
if Neath doesn't come back they have 0 returning guard experience.
That would at least allow them to be a .500 type ballclub.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
This may already be on here somewhere, but did I see where Ismael Massoud is transferring from Wake too?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The key to winning is being focused on long term viability. Forbes will go low and slow, and probably make a tourney before we do

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Watch your back, Hubert Davis...

Indeed Hubert is probably thinking, "This summamabish finna take my job ...."

Wade and Boynton being at the top of the list kinda feels ..... wrongish, no?

I mean, I get it but .....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Indeed Hubert is probably thinking, "This summamabish finna take my job ...."

Wade and Boynton being at the top of the list kinda feels ..... wrongish, no?

I mean, I get it but .....

I didn't read the list, but yes.

I get he's an alum, but the Carolina Hoops tweeting it seems a bit odd.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Hubert turns 50 on Sunday. If he wants to be a HC, he needs to do something about it soon. Not too many coaches get hired for their first gig in their late 50s. For perspective, Bennett is one year older and got his first HC job at 37. Ol Roy started at 38. K started at 28. Boeheim at 32. Hell, even Leonard Hamilton started at 38 and Jim Larranaga at 28.

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
Hubert turns 50 on Sunday. If he wants to be a HC, he needs to do something about it soon. Not too many coaches get hired for their first gig in their late 50s. For perspective, Bennett is one year older and got his first HC job at 37. Ol Roy started at 38. K started at 28. Boeheim at 32. Hell, even Leonard Hamilton started at 38 and Jim Larranaga at 28.
CJP started at Memphis at 31

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'd speculate that your perspective may not be relevant here because Davis likely only wants to be head coach at UNC.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Understood, but I doubt Bubba would hire a 55 year old with no head coaching experience. They did that once for Gut, but that was a directive from Dean. I’d be surprised if they did it again for Hubert

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Understood, but I doubt Bubba would hire a 55 year old with no head coaching experience. They did that once for Gut, but that was a directive from Dean. I’d be surprised if they did it again for Hubert

I get that Dean is above all others there, but you'd think there was a reason Roy called Hubert home from a very nice job covering college hoops for ESPN.

It feels like there was a plan put in place some time ago.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I may be missing someone in my memory banks but right now there really isn't a huge UNC coaching tree out there. So if they want to stay in the UNC tree then Hubert makes as much sense as anyone I can think of off the top.