Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What the heyul kind of thing is this to say about your own team ...

Yikes.

And this dude's getting the top guard in the country tomorrow? SMMFH

Well, you really don't have to negative recruit against him. He did a pretty job of it himself.

"Don't get hurt kid and lose your spot. Your scholly may not be renewed next season...don't take it from me, take it from Crean himself!"

Yikes indeed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, you really don't have to negative recruit against him. He did a pretty job of it himself.

"Don't get hurt kid and lose your spot. Your scholly may not be renewed next season...don't take it from me, take it from Crean himself!"

Yikes indeed.

Too bad we won't be able to take advantage of it.

What? Just trying to drag this back to a GT-related topic.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we won't be able to take advantage of it.

What? Just trying to drag this back to a GT-related topic.

Someday someone is gonna have to tell me what the hey-all is going on with GT basketball and local Atlanta recruiting. Makes no sense to me that we keep striking out over and over the last decade or so. Maybe the bag men hate GT as well...(n)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Someday someone is gonna have to tell me what the hey-all is going on with GT basketball and local Atlanta recruiting. Makes no sense to me that we keep striking out over and over the last decade or so. Maybe the bag men hate GT as well...(n)

The bag men see us the same way they see places like Kennesaw st and Mercer probably.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Crazy thing is, some of the kids we lost out on end up transferring to GT later on. Hmm...
It could be that teens see the possibility of being a 1st round pick as their reality. They are easily convinced that going to a blue blood program will clinch the deal. Later, when they find themselves well below the NBA draft radar the idea relative the need for an education kicks in. Not that Texas or Tennessee are bad schools, but a Ga Tech degree is pretty nice if you grew up in Georgia.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It could be that teens see the possibility of being a 1st round pick as their reality. They are easily convinced that going to a blue blood program will clinch the deal. Later, when they find themselves well below the NBA draft radar the idea relative the need for an education kicks in. Not that Texas or Tennessee are bad schools, but a Ga Tech degree is pretty nice if you grew up in Georgia.

The saying that those who were raised in GA don't appreciate GT as much as people in other states is true. Sometimes you have to leave home to appreciate what you had.

Last edited: