Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't be upset if he left VT. He was a candidate discussed by Dauster & Goodman on the NBC College Hoops podcast.

Buzz will have some competition for the job. I am hearing UCLA is thinking about going all in on Pitino. Best resume out there and available.

Hey - if you don't believe me just ask him. He'll tell you the same thing :sneaky:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Buzz will have some competition for the job. I am hearing UCLA is thinking about going all in on Pitino. Best resume out there and available.

Hey - if you don't believe me just ask him. He'll tell you the same thing :sneaky:

They should 100% hire Pitino, but no way the AD has the stones to do that. They'll make the safe play and hire Hoiberg. Predictable.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Buzz also has a habit of wearing thin with the supporters and jumping ship while the iron is hot. Marquette boosters were glad to see him go, even though they acknowledge he's a good coach. They were just tired of dealing with him and his personal quirks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he bails VPI and heads west, especially for a much fatter paycheck

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Buzz also has a habit of wearing thin with the supporters and jumping ship while the iron is hot. Marquette boosters were glad to see him go, even though they acknowledge he's a good coach. They were just tired of dealing with him and his personal quirks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he bails VPI and heads west, especially for a much fatter paycheck

I always expect him to head to TX though. I mean TX as in the state, not the school. I don't want to further draw the ire of our resident Shaka Smart fan (lookin' at you, dt).

If my totally original prediction of Earl Watson-to-UCLA falls through, I kinda hope Buzz heads there. Mainly just want to see drama at VT I guess.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I always expect him to head to TX though. I mean TX as in the state, not the school. I don't want to further draw the ire of our resident Shaka Smart fan (lookin' at you, dt).

If my totally original prediction of Earl Watson-to-UCLA falls through, I kinda hope Buzz heads there. Mainly just want to see drama at VT I guess.

Texas opened Big 12 play by blowing out Kansas State at Kansas State last night.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I guess that makes Marquette boosters a bunch of idiots. Buzz is a pretty awesome coach.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Texas opened Big 12 play by blowing out Kansas State at Kansas State last night.

See, this is the ire I was hoping to avoid.

For the record, I was not referring to the University of Texas. Now put your guns down and slowly walk away.

I guess that makes Marquette boosters a bunch of idiots. Buzz is a pretty awesome coach.

His sweater game is tight (literally).

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So... Are we starting a new thread this year or just keeping this one going?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Some of yall need to get over to the Arizona boards and start suggesting the need to bring Josh home.