Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, but would you really put that guy's coaching experience up against Swartz's?

Why you gotta .... *sigh* nevermind.

On a serious note though, you can make a really strong case that this isn't a great hire for them. This smacks of NBArrogance like, "of course I'll be a great college coach. Lookit muh resume."

He won't last past this year and at the halfway point he'll be yanking his hair out when thise kids aren't able to execute his complex schemes.

And, if you think SMitch is gonna be beating the bushes recruiting, I got some beachfront property in Kansas for you.

That said, IIRC, he has been involved on some level in the AAU circuit after losing the TWolves job so perhaps he's built some contacts.

That staff is really playing up the NBA angle. That's not an automatic success elixir.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Why you gotta .... *sigh* nevermind.

On a serious note though, you can make a really strong case that this isn't a great hire for them. This smacks of NBArrogance like, "of course I'll be a great college coach. Lookit muh resume."

He won't last past this year and at the halfway point he'll be yanking his hair out when thise kids aren't able to execute his complex schemes.

And, if you think SMitch is gonna be beating the bushes recruiting, I got some beachfront property in Kansas for you.

That said, IIRC, he has been involved on some level in the AAU circuit after losing the TWolves job so perhaps he's built some contacts.

That staff is really playing up the NBA angle. That's not an automatic success elixir.

Thanks for this. I've been having trouble sleeping.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I gotta admit, adding a former NBA Coach is a great hire IMHO

He basically fills the ex-head coach, advisory role that Rev is for us. I forget where, but I've heard Mitchell has been a dark horse candidate for GT at some point. Seems like a really good choice.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

He certainly seems to have the NBA coaching disposition and his affinity for the 3-ball would make this an interesting match.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

He certainly seems to have the NBA coaching disposition and his affinity for the 3-ball would make this an interesting match.

Heh. They promptly fired their GM after this.

Sure it didn't have anything specifically to do with Bee-line, just the ineptitude of the last several years culminating in this ridiculous search overall.