Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another interesting note on G'town. One of the rumors on the G'town board is that the Pres and AD planned to keep JTIII and were overruled by the Board - which is why it happened today.
If that is true it could make the new hire an interesting experience.

gtdoceulaw

Jolly Good Fellow
With Coach Hardy being a former assistant at Georgetown are there any current or future Georgetown players who might be able to help us?

Also I can understand the interest in PE being that he was former Georgetown player but what is the history between Georgetown and Tommy Amaker?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Rumors swirling about Amaker or Ewing. I'd take Amaker. Crazy Ewing can't get a head gig anywhere after paying his dues but Price was pretty much given the Charlotte gig. I'm not a Ewing fan so I don't really care. I just think it's odd.

Ewing has never coached in college. The story is that he has no interest in coaching college ball. I don't know if it is true but it appears that way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ewing has never coached in college. The story is that he has no interest in coaching college ball. I don't know if it is true but it appears that way.

I can see that. Still, with all the dregs getting recycled in the nba you'd think someone would give him a shot at that level.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

giggle.gif

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'd be surprised to see Amaker leave Harvard. His wife is a tenured professor at Harvard. He is a hero is he makes the NCAA once a decade and gets a hall pass if they have a losing record in off years

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Cincinnati really a wonderful city? Yeah I'm seriously asking I've never been there

Average midwest city. Not bad, not great.

If IU can pull Mack from his alma mater, that's bigtime. Not sure I see the pull to Indiana circa 2017.