Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

gtdoceulaw

Jolly Good Fellow
Funny that Indiana was ranked a high as 6 once and even beat Kansas.

Wonder if there might be some movement in Berkeley as Martin finally bolts.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, Hewitt's issue was that he lost assts and replaced them with lesser guys. Didn't have a strong staff at GM either. Remember he had Warren with him at Siena. Warren is one of the best guard coaches i've ever interacted with. He also was coasting more later in his career and changed how he was running the program - turning it into more of an individual development program for the NBA.

Having a strong staff makes a big difference. Heck Pastner once again was effusive in the praise of his staff here after the game. Mentioned he is sort of the CEO but that the assts do alot of work in game planning an practice.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know what he said about Gregory?

Hope everyone gives credit where it's due blah blah blah.

Biancardi said during the broadcast that credit needs to be given to BG for the way he evaluated the talent on this roster and got them to Atlanta or STTE.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope everyone gives credit where it's due blah blah blah.

Biancardi said during the broadcast that credit needs to be given to BG for the way he evaluated the talent on this roster and got them to Atlanta or STTE.

Yeah I heard him on the broadcast give him credit for evaluating talent, I guess that's fair. But you certainly can't give him credit for their development we've seen this year.

I wonder how that topic even came up in the Crean press conference.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’d love to see BG get what CJP got out of Tadric and Q this year. Q is averaging 10 and 8. Tad is shooting 45%. BG would never sniff those numbers with those 2.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'll give BG credit for Josh O. Great identification of a great prospect not a lot of teams saw in your own back yard. I'll give him half credit on Lammers. The kid wanted to major in Mechanical Engineering, really doubt he was thinking NBA or bust. Sure there are other good basketball schools for ME, not trying to argue that, but I'm not even sure those schools were recruiting him. Basically we were a perfect fit regardless of coach

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
FWIW some can’t watch the video at work. I usually just try and wait until I’m off work but I can understand why someone has not watched it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
FWIW some can’t watch the video at work. I usually just try and wait until I’m off work but I can understand why someone has not watched it.

You have defied my sig with this comment. I know some folks are blocked from watching them at work, then there are some that are just lazy. Nah, not me ... a friend. Yeah, a 'friend'. :whistle: