Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Is it unreasonable to understand why this kind of thing happens? This is OK, but a kid gets in trouble for "free" sneakers. SMH

Preaching to the choir man.

Don't sell your shoes in order to take out s lady, but your dad can get a job he's possibly unqualified for in order to influence the recruiting process.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Cuonzo Martin isn't worth that he's a mediocre head coach.

He's already going to bring in the top player in the country and more than likely Charlie Moore is going to tag along for 18-19. He's from St Louis so he may stick around. He can recruit like hell. It's a good hire. Not sure it's a 3MM hire but if you got it, spend it. Can't take it with you

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
He's already going to bring in the top player in the country and more than likely Charlie Moore is going to tag along for 18-19. He's from St Louis so he may stick around. He can recruit like hell. It's a good hire. Not sure it's a 3MM hire but if you got it, spend it. Can't take it with you
I just remember him at Tennessee where the the fans got a petition together to get rid of him because of how mediocre his teams were there.;)

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
That ain't ****!

Meanwhile, if Mark Fox's agent isn't on the phone with Washington already, he's effing up. He should take a massive pay cut and get up there ASAP.

I'd much rather have Tony Bennett than Cuanzo. If Illini pull that off...wow

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Martin is an interesting case study. He's always been a man in motion. He's never stayed at a place more than 3 yrs.
Until this year he had always improved record wise every year at a school but always left after 3 yrs to the next job.

He is returning home to MO (he is from there and played at Purdue).
He has 2 NCAA appearances including the surprise Sweet Sixteen run his last year at TN when the fans were trying to run him off. He beat #6 UMass as an #11 seed and then got #14 Mercer in the second round when they upset Duke.
Not sure he is a $3MM man but rumor was he wanted to return to the Midwest and MO is a good job. We'll see if he does better with a #1 draft pick than Romar did.

on Romar. I agree with the decision but the process leaves you scratching your head. They announce 10 days ago he is coming back, the season is over and then over a week later you change your mind and fire him - WTF.

Romar had a 1st round draft pick (including this year's likely #1 pick) 5 five straight seasons and failed to make the NCAA once during that time.

Fox and UGA are in an interesting spot. I sort of hope he stays and here is why. Fox has 3 yrs left on his contract, AD said he is coming back, but with 3 yrs left next season they will have to either extend or replace him. That basically means he will be on the hotseat. That could negatively affect their 2018 recruiting. Fox is a good not great coach who is not a very strong recruiter (though he has hired two good recruiting assts who have helped him sign 4 4* players the last 3 yrs). I don't see him as a threat long term. UGA fans would be thrilled if he headed to the west coast. UGA could luck into someone like Crean or Keatts if Fox decided to leave.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Am I the only one that lol'd at RR saying "WTF"? Kinda felt like hearing a preacher curse.

Anyway, totally agree on Romar. If you considered firing him a possibility, fire him in-season. Get the process started.

Now, that hasn't helped NCSt but I think they've got other issues.