Coaches Tweets

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it great branding, tech isn’t an sec school that can flaunt tons of sorority girls and flash money to players, but we do have the city of Atlanta and using the style and city as a selling point is just good marketing. I could do without ITS MONEYDOWN though. For some reason moneydown seemed to work better for the opponent😂

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Does getting a prestigious degree help anybody block or tackle? Does living in the city of Atlanta help anybody block or tackle? Does having a new locker room help anybody block or tackle? Does playing for an SEC school help anybody block or tackle? Does having on-campus bars help anybody block or tackle? The answer to all of those is a resounding NO.

So what’s the point of selling any of it? So you can attract new players that can block and tackle better. Everything that goes on within a football program doesn’t have to be about developing players. Recruiting is just as important as development. Being innovative gives Tech a selling point to those players who do block and tackle better.
recruiting is important but if you can't develop them and coach them up it's not going to help much. Lots of younger players played this tear so we will know next year if they have improved and been coached . hope we see they have been.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
recruiting is important but if you can't develop them and coach them up it's not going to help much. Lots of younger players played this tear so we will know next year if they have improved and been coached . hope we see they have been.
Development is important but if everyone else has better players it’s not going to help much. Recruiting and development go hand in hand. You can be decent with one and not the other, but you’ll never be better than decent without both.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Development is important but if everyone else has better players it’s not going to help much. Recruiting and development go hand in hand. You can be decent with one and not the other, but you’ll never be better than decent without both.
We are saying the same thing but in a different order

TwinTownTony

Jolly Good Fellow
Downplaying this because it didn't develop players makes no sense to me. This is nothing but a good thing, no need to try to attach it to something else to make it less so. Tech is a school of innovation and being on the cutting edge. This is just that and will be enormously well received by recruits, high school coaches, tech students, etc. There are things that aren't perfect in the program and there always will be. That doesn't have to dampen the mood of this group of coaches making Tech national leaders in different, new areas.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I am not impressed with great running backs or receivers, we can get those...show me linemen. With apologies to Shakespeare: "A war daddy a war daddy, my kingdom for linemen" No threat to the Bard but you get the idea.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Nick Saban at Michigan State vs. Nick Saban at Alabama. What’s the difference?

Players make coaches not the other way around.
He won 10 games at Mich St for the first time in over 30 years. He finished in the top 10 his last season there, beating Ohio St, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and Florida in the same year. Sure he had less talent than at Alabama. He seemed to know what to do with them though. Saban at Alabama is what you get when you have great talent and great coaching. You get a dynasty. If you are insinuating that the dynasty was going to happen no matter who the coach was just because talent means everything then I will just politely disagree.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I am not impressed with great running backs or receivers, we can get those...show me linemen. With apologies to Shakespeare: "A war daddy a war daddy, my kingdom for linemen" No threat to the Bard but you get the idea.

This. When Shanahan had that great OL with the Denver Broncos, it didn't matter who the RB was, they were getting 100 yds. I won a few fantasy titles on the backs of that Denver OL.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Nick Saban at Michigan State vs. Nick Saban at Alabama. What’s the difference?

Players make coaches not the other way around.
Respectfully disagree. Ron Zook was coach at Florida in the early 2000s billed as a great recruiter and players' coach he was a bust. Though he did beat UGA two of this three years but that was more than cancelled out by losing at home to Ole Miss and Tennessee and on the road to Mississippi State. His most notable achievement was in providing much hilarity on post game shows with gems like "It's correctable", "they (meaning players doing stupid stuff) are gonna do what they gonna do" Urban replaced the clown show and the rest is history. Urban won his first national championship largely with Zook's players some of whom had to be politely and some not so politely shown the door including a corner back who had been cutting class, smoking weed, and not doing what he was supposed to when summoned to Coach Urban's office announced; "Do you know who I am?" Without even looking up, Urban replied "Sure, you used to play for the University of Florida" Player development is every bit as important as recruiting.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
Respectfully disagree. Ron Zook was coach at Florida in the early 2000s billed as a great recruiter and players' coach he was a bust. Though he did beat UGA two of this three years but that was more than cancelled out by losing at home to Ole Miss and Tennessee and on the road to Mississippi State. His most notable achievement was in providing much hilarity on post game shows with gems like "It's correctable", "they (meaning players doing stupid stuff) are gonna do what they gonna do" Urban replaced the clown show and the rest is history. Urban won his first national championship largely with Zook's players some of whom had to be politely and some not so politely shown the door including a corner back who had been cutting class, smoking weed, and not doing what he was supposed to when summoned to Coach Urban's office announced; "Do you know who I am?" Without even looking up, Urban replied "Sure, you used to play for the University of Florida" Player development is every bit as important as recruiting.
No doubt Urban was/is a better coach than Zook. But I don't know how good a disciplinarian Urban is, i mean he let Hernandez hang around no matter what trouble he got into.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No doubt Urban was/is a better coach than Zook. But I don't know how good a disciplinarian Urban is, i mean he let Hernandez hang around no matter what trouble he got into.
Paradoxically, my Florida fans marvel that he was no real trouble at Florida except for smoking weed. They think it was Tebow and that linebacker whose name escapes me that kept him in line plus he got in trouble when he went back to that environment in Conn. where he was from. Getting drafted by the Patriots was the worst thing that could have happened to him A tragic waste of talent to be sure. Urban was not all that great a disciplinarian just in comparison to Zook who actually went with some of his players who had got into some kind of brawl with fraternity boys over something stupid. Urban was very good at getting ready for big games. He just ate UGA alive. Except that game when the dwags all left the bench to celebrate the first TD. Perhaps, 2007 or so?

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
What you just described isn’t player development though, it’s processing.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The idea is to get ahead of the nation in the LOI that will happen in the next few years. With this, BOOM, GT is leading the nation.

You want to model 404 gear in the heartbeat of the southeast US, or be on a billboard for a used car lot in some second rate $ec college town?

The guys who are top ranked and want to get paid during college will start migrating to major city hot spots. GT is in one of the spots along with ucla, usc, Texas and Miami. Not many big time FBS Power 5 schools are in major cities. We are out front on this and will reap benefits.

In less than 2 years college athletes will be pain above the table. Change is coming.

Disclaimer: as a big guy, I am not a fan of skinny jeans, but if this will help us get to the front of the line, I'll support it, I just won't wear it....no one wants to see that.

GO JACKETS!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Not something I'm into, but I could see how this would appeal to recruits, and based on the post on reddit cfb, seems to be a pretty good consensus across different fanbases that this will definitely increase recruiting attention.

Look for ugag to copy and fail like they did the "Welcome to Atlanta" theme. Probably a new line of wifebeaters, ski masks, and orange jumpsuits to rep the ACCJ 😂

gtfan021

Georgia Tech Fan
1608122247268.png

Pretty neat cartoon drawings of the commits when they sign LOI's. Seems to be wearing some of the clothing debuted in the video.