Coaches Tweets

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Not the first time he caught lightning in a bottle and it turned out to be lightning bugs.
One of the findings at LSU was that Orgeron was caught, as they say, in flagrante delicto ... and smiled for the camera. Social media being what it is, his wife was unamused and divorced him, so he needs this job.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The idea is to get ahead of the nation in the LOI that will happen in the next few years. With this, BOOM, GT is leading the nation.

You want to model 404 gear in the heartbeat of the southeast US, or be on a billboard for a used car lot in some second rate $ec college town?

The guys who are top ranked and want to get paid during college will start migrating to major city hot spots. GT is in one of the spots along with ucla, usc, Texas and Miami. Not many big time FBS Power 5 schools are in major cities. We are out front on this and will reap benefits.

In less than 2 years college athletes will be pain above the table. Change is coming.

Disclaimer: as a big guy, I am not a fan of skinny jeans, but if this will help us get to the front of the line, I'll support it, I just won't wear it....no one wants to see that.

GO JACKETS!

I totally agree with you about the colleges in Metro areas going forward, interning is going to be the deal IMO, I don't necessarily agree with you about UT Austin being one of them, but wonder if the SMUs of the world maybe become much more prominent in CFB. There are going to be a lot less higher learning schools in the future, maybe even half what we have today in 15 years or so. We first have to see what type Government we are going to have to really know.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I totally agree with you about the colleges in Metro areas going forward, interning is going to be the deal IMO, I don't necessarily agree with you about UT Austin being one of them, but wonder if the SMUs of the world maybe become much more prominent in CFB. There are going to be a lot less higher learning schools in the future, maybe even half what we have today in 15 years or so. We first have to see what type Government we are going to have to really know.
You haven't been to Austin lately. Google: "Austin new Silicon Valley" and see what you get.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You haven't been to Austin lately. Google: "Austin new Silicon Valley" and see what you get.

Lots of firms are leaving Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is becoming more of a symbol these days as opposed to say like "Wall Street"...and even Wall Street is rethinking the traditional office model.

BTW, Atlanta is also becoming a big Tech hub. LOT of venture capital and private equity money flows through Atlanta. Lots of opportunity here to make it big outside of sports. GT is a big factor in a lot of it.

Our staff is doing well to take advantage.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Lots of firms are leaving Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley is becoming more of a symbol these days as opposed to say like "Wall Street"...and even Wall Street is rethinking the traditional office model.

BTW, Atlanta is also becoming a big Tech hub. LOT of venture capital and private equity money flows through Atlanta. Lots of opportunity here to make it big outside of sports. GT is a big factor in a lot of it.

Our staff is doing well to take advantage.
Not even that, it's the tax structure and cost of living in Cali vs Austin Texas. Austin will most likely beat out Atlanta for this fact alone if you look at the firms that are targeting Texas and the Austin area.

slugboy

Staff member
Not even that, it's the tax structure and cost of living in Cali vs Austin Texas. Austin will most likely beat out Atlanta for this fact alone if you loo--k at the firms that are targeting Texas and the Austin area.
This is more of a topic for the Swarm Lounge--it's a good topic, though. FWIW, Companies like Oracle are moving out of the Bay Area because they were having trouble competing for talent. People going out to make big bucks on startups don't want a day job with Oracle out in the 'burbs that also makes them sign away their IP rights.

To get back on topic, a tweet about Weston Franklin:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is more of a topic for the Swarm Lounge--it's a good topic, though. FWIW, Companies like Oracle are moving out of the Bay Area because they were having trouble competing for talent. People going out to make big bucks on startups don't want a day job with Oracle out in the 'burbs that also makes them sign away their IP rights.

To get back on topic, a tweet about Weston Franklin:

Something tells me Weston is a non-skinny jeans wearing kinda guy LOL.