Coach Prime to Colorado

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
You are upset about facts being stated, despite having nothing to add to the discussion yourself, so you want to go after me. Got it, thank you for your contribution.
LOL! I am not upset at all. All I said was it is poor form to make judgment on someone you do not know and to invoke a murderer in the conversation about someone's character. I never said anything about your "facts." Keep swinging. You will connect one day

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
LOL! I am not upset at all. All I said was it is poor form to make judgment on someone you do not know and to invoke a murderer in the conversation about someone's character. I never said anything about your "facts." Keep swinging. You will connect one day
Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

if you don’t want to watch the video the student section was chanting “f you sanders” all game and definitely deserved to be taunted after shedeur lead a game winning drive. if a tech player did this against an in conference rival everyone in our fanbase would be calling him a hero.

I have to say, when Sanders looks at the crowd yelling F••• you at him and says “that’s just sad” and then later says “I’m going to put the cameras back on them when we score,” that’s some serious confidence in the face of a hostile crowd.

Many decades ago in the NBA the art form of “wolfing” developed. They say Larry Bird was among the best at it. Respecting another player’s athletic ability tends to cut down on wolfing. I think Byrd and Magic Johnson joked with each other but never did any serious trash talking against each other.

Thanks for sharing this. It shows the rest of the story.

slugboy

Staff member
I have to say, when Sanders looks at the crowd yelling F••• you at him and says “that’s just sad” and then later says “I’m going to put the cameras back on them when we score,” that’s some serious confidence in the face of a hostile crowd.

Many decades ago in the NBA the art form of “wolfing” developed. They say Larry Bird was among the best at it. Respecting another player’s athletic ability tends to cut down on wolfing. I think Byrd and Magic Johnson joked with each other but never did any serious trash talking against each other.

Bird trash talking stories:

I should give the Dennis Rodman story:

Larry Bird was scared of no one. Not even Dennis Rodman. During his years with the Detroit Pistons, Rodman recalls a time when Bird made four straight baskets on The Worm and walked over to Pistons head coach Chuck Daly. “Who’s guarding me, Chuck? Is anyone guarding me? You better get someone on me or I’m gonna go for 60.”

On the ensuing possession, Larry Legend continued the trash talk. Rodman recalls, “I would be all over him, trying to deny him the ball, and all Larry was doing was yelling at his teammates, 'I’m open! Hurry up before they notice nobody is guarding me!'” After knocking down another jumper on Rodman, Bird went over to Daly again, saying, “Coach, you better get this guy out and send in somebody who’s going to D me up because it's too easy when I’m wide open like this.”

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned

yeah there’s plenty of examples of this in the history of sports that are considered legendary so to me it seems a little silly to act like this was some affront to CFB, but i will give everybody the benefit of the doubt because i feel like most users here are too old to see this video on tik tok :p

obviously not at the same scale cause it’s ASU, but to me this is like reggie miller in MSG chirping at spike lee, the recent playoff series with trae young, i mean even us ripping up hedges in athens. it’s what makes this all interesting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i do understand there is a point where it’s over the top but idk when they were chanting f you sanders while he was walking down there they earned whatever he wanted to do/say

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bird trash talking stories:

I should give the Dennis Rodman story:

Larry Bird was scared of no one. Not even Dennis Rodman. During his years with the Detroit Pistons, Rodman recalls a time when Bird made four straight baskets on The Worm and walked over to Pistons head coach Chuck Daly. “Who’s guarding me, Chuck? Is anyone guarding me? You better get someone on me or I’m gonna go for 60.”

On the ensuing possession, Larry Legend continued the trash talk. Rodman recalls, “I would be all over him, trying to deny him the ball, and all Larry was doing was yelling at his teammates, 'I’m open! Hurry up before they notice nobody is guarding me!'” After knocking down another jumper on Rodman, Bird went over to Daly again, saying, “Coach, you better get this guy out and send in somebody who’s going to D me up because it's too easy when I’m wide open like this.”
Classic Bird.

Maybe I just don’t keep up with the NBA but it sure seems like there were a lot more “characters” back in the day.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
yeah there’s plenty of examples of this in the history of sports that are considered legendary so to me it seems a little silly to act like this was some affront to CFB, but i will give everybody the benefit of the doubt because i feel like most users here are too old to see this video on tik tok :p

obviously not at the same scale cause it’s ASU, but to me this is like reggie miller in MSG chirping at spike lee, the recent playoff series with trae young, i mean even us ripping up hedges in athens. it’s what makes this all interesting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i do understand there is a point where it’s over the top but idk when they were chanting f you sanders while he was walking down there they earned whatever he wanted to do/say
You’re an A level trash talker yourself 😊

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Completely agree with you about not demonizing Deion. His children seem to be very solid citizens in most every way. One ‘taunting’ incident on a football field doesn’t change the fact that (1) Deion has been in his kids lives throughout;(2) his kids are accomplishing things at a pretty high level. Plenty of young people can’t say that these days.

I get not being a fan of Prime’s boisterous style, but if it works <shrugs>
That is a positive for Deion, and his kids do seem like they've got good heads on their shoulders. My point was the taunting thing just looks bad when your dad is a multimillionaire football (now coaching) star and you're flashing your expensive watch at students of a 1-5 school you barely beat. I also didn't know the students were calling the Sanders crew out, so that does change the context somewhat.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

if you don’t want to watch the video the student section was chanting “f you sanders” all game and definitely deserved to be taunted after shedeur lead a game winning drive. if a tech player did this against an in conference rival everyone in our fanbase would be calling him a hero.

I hadn't seen that video before, but I still think the watch taunting thing he does is some bad optics. His dad is a multimillionaire ex-NFL star who has given him a situation to start with I'd guess no real competition.

JacketFan137

Banned
I hadn't seen that video before, but I still think the watch taunting thing he does is some bad optics. His dad is a multimillionaire ex-NFL star who has given him a situation to start with I'd guess no real competition.
i don’t think his dad being the coach really matters. he had offers from uga, bama, and plenty of other sec and acc schools and he was rated a 4* player coming out of hs. he was always gonna be a starting qb at the p5 level somewhere and his stats this season are way too good for me to buy into any “daddy ball” kinda talk

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
i don’t think his dad being the coach really matters. he had offers from uga, bama, and plenty of other sec and acc schools and he was rated a 4* player coming out of hs. he was always gonna be a starting qb at the p5 level somewhere and his stats this season are way too good for me to buy into any “daddy ball” kinda talk
He has played well so far, but I'd guess he has a lot of a longer leash as far as getting benched.

JacketFan137

Banned
He has played well so far, but I'd guess he has a lot of a longer leash as far as getting benched.
i guess that might be true but he’s played well enough that people think he could go high in the draft. he would be the starting qb on that roster whether the coach was prime, saban, geoff collins or larry the cable guy. i’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make here

Blue&Gold1034

Jolly Good Fellow
i guess that might be true but he’s played well enough that people think he could go high in the draft. he would be the starting qb on that roster whether the coach was prime, saban, geoff collins or larry the cable guy. i’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make here
Much of his draft stock has to do with the hype machine that is Colorado. Im not saying he isn't a good player, but if he was doing this at Marshall, he would be considered a high pick. His great performances so far have been against below average defenses so I'll be curious to see what he does against Oregon St. and Utah later on in the season. Not saying he's bad, but there's context to his performances and draft stock.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
At this point it looks like Colorado has a chance at maybe 1 more win this season if they can beat Arizona, with their most impressive wins against 3-3 TCU and Nebraska teams. Had he been here, I'm not sure we would have managed more than 4 wins this season based on their performance so far.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Too late for me to watch the whole game but what atmosphere for college ball. Need that back The Flats desperately.